Depressed about my eyes and I need help with a few questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Depressed about my eyes and I need help with a few questions

Hello. This is my second post. I didn't get much responses in my first one. I'm very confused and puzzled by my eye situation that I am currently in. So here goes my story. This all started back in the summer. I noticed a few strange things about my eyes. When it was time to go to sleep my eyes hardly felt tired, not even a little. Even after I woke up - my eyes did not still feel tired. I thought this was rather odd as I've never experienced this before. I used to always feel sleepy and drowsy. It's like I lost that sensation all together and don't know what it feels like to feel tired. This isn't a painful symptom but it is disturbing to me. It just suddenly came out of no where. Fast forward to the middle of December and I am still experiencing this.

I suppose I can deal with this but I am wondering if it will ever go away and my sleepiness will return? Do you think this is related to dry eye or something else? This is my first question. My second question is pertaining to a cold and menthol sensation I feel in my eyes. My eyes feel cold, like as if air is almost blowing into them. What does that mean? I am wondering if anyone else has experienced this too? Is there a WAY to resolve this symptom? So far these are my main problems and they've really brought me down. I use eye drops, I take fish oil vitamins and I use a warm compress but the feeling doesn't go away. I want to just add that my eyes can still produce tears. I don't have burning, itchiness,stabbing pains, or foreign sensation in my eyes. I even took tests and they came back normal. I know there are people that go through worse than me but I'm not as strong when it comes to dealing with these issues and I know don't even know what's going on and if I'll ever be okay again? The cold dry feeling in my eyes bother me the most.

I am just wondering if this has something to do with my glands? Are they functioning properly? Am I missing a layer? (oil). What could cause the cold, raw, and menthol sensation? Is this even apart of Dry Eye? Any Idea, Tip, or Suggestion Would help me.

Hiya, I can't help much but some times a feeling of being cold in just one area an be due to poor circulation? Have you had B12 lvls checked? It's one of the culprits for that. Thyroid disorders also can cause all sorts of issues for eyes and circulation, so it's worth getting your T3, T4 and thyroid antie bodies checked by your GP.
    There is also an important part of the eye that can be effected by vitamin A deficiency, which is rare but can mess a bit with that eyes surface, and potentially alter sensation and vivisionary sensations.
    People have recovered, so can we.
    www.twitter.com/EyeGirlfriend)

Comment

"My eyes feel cold, like as if air is almost blowing into them. " I had those symptoms when i putted too much VitA POS ( ointment ) i hope you dont put that crap into your eyes , i read articles where they mention that ointment disturb more the tear film than helping him really.

The only thing you could explain that ( for me ) is maybe a low Tear Break up Time , or allergy. Ask your Ophtalmlogist to see under your upper eyelids and to do a Break up Time test , the good thing is that you have NO pain , and no symptoms of dry eyes burning symptoms so stay cool , psychological state can worsen your symptoms so stay cool , do things you enjoy and you will find what happens with your eyes. If your Doc presribe you Steroids , i woulnot take it before trying Anti histamine.

Good luck Diabib

Comment

Working...
      X