Dr. Gemoules vs Prose

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dr. Gemoules vs Prose

I live in Dallas, and have seen great posts about Dr. Gemoules, who would be local for me. I have dry eye from facial paralysis, so my eyelid does not close all the way causing the dry eye and likely eventually damage to the cornea. Have heard such great things about the scleral lens. Because of the paralysis, everything related tends to be covered fully by medical insurance. Dr. G does not file with medical. Would love some input about Dr. G vs Boston Prose. Prose would be covered by insurance almost fully, but would require out of town stay for the fittings in Houston. Dr. G would be ballpark $2500, but local. Weighing financial vs convenience and quality. Would love to hear some personal experiences. Thanks so much!

There is definitely some value to being local and having the ability to pop in for a quick office visit if you want your fit checked. For anyone who lives in Dallas my personal recommendation would be for dr g. Likewise I'd recommend prose for anyone in Boston.

I can't speak directly to prose vs dr g as I have not had experience with prose, but from everything I've read they both make a great product.

If you haven't already, you might try calling your insurance company. Even if they dr g's office doesn't file with insurance, they can give you some of the stuff you need to file yourself. Between his office and your insurance carrier you may be able to figure out what's needed and if you can get reimbursed.

Comment

Working...
    X