Sharing success

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sharing success

Hello, I got diagnosed with dry eye two years ago. I noticed blurry vision while watching TV. Went to see if I needed glasses and told i jad dry eye but no idea what this meant really. An infection then resulted in me getting diagnosed. Was a strange thing as I have always had amazing eye site. They can't tell me why its happened. I've been through tests for immune stuff - but don't meet the diagnostic criteria. I'm 27. I've found it traumatic not being able to wear make up. Thankfully permanent eyeliner is great. But the highs and lows have been tough. Treatment has been so slow. I'm two years on now. Initially we tried drops. Helped a bit. Using them hourly but still felt very dry. Then plugs. Plugs in lower hole brings some relief but I'm still very dry. Two plugs in each eye resulted in a sticky tear and blurry vision. I hated it so much I didn't wait till my eye appointment and romoved the upper plugs myself. Couldn't hack that. The eyes felt so dirty and oozy.
    I have a Dr review in a month but theyve changed my eye dr. My eyes are pretty dry with one plug but two is awful in a different way. I feel worried about ruining my eyes. I feel pretty hopeless right now. In the UK, can't seem to trial things like restasis, lacrisert and flow control plugs are not an option. I feel really stuck and afraid. Glasses can help but to an extent.
    Any suggestions about how I can move forward and remain positive. Any encouraging stories? Just feel like I am spending money left right and centre
    Any positivity would be fab!

Last edited by savino; 02-Sep-2016, 03:43.

Comment

I had the dry eye before the eyeliner - so in the case was not the cause

Comment

Last edited by savino; 02-Sep-2016, 03:43.

Comment

Working...
        X