interested in acupuncture..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• interested in acupuncture..

So, I just joined this site and I searched for acupuncture because I'm thinking about going since my Dr suggested it. Sounds like people have had mixed results..no one was really stating that it helped a lot. I'm really at my wits end with dry eye (in my left). I had 3 laser eye surgeries in the left eye ...and now it's like a desert. NO tears at all. I'm doing everything I know to do. Compress, steam room, expressing, drops, restasis you name it.
    So do people out there think I should try acupuncture? It's pretty expensive at about 70 dollars each session (120 for first time). The two acunpuncturists I have spoken with state that it will take "a lot" of sessions. Don't know if I'm willing to throw money at this if it's not going to help....
    Suggestions? Experiences?
    thanks
    marianne

Hi Marianne,
    I went to acupuncture faithfully for about a year, and it didn't help much. I have read that it does help some people, and have seen a couple of studies that say it can help dry eye. I found Reiki helped more than acupuncture, but everyone is different. If you want to see an acupuncturist, you might look for a community acupuncture, where there are multiple people in the room getting treated at the same time. I went to a community acupuncture, and the cost was $20-$40 as you were able to pay. The treatment lasted half an hour. Reiki doesn't involve needles, and I believe it has the potential to work as well or better than acupuncture. Good luck to you. I hope your eyes improve.

Comment

Hi LaDiva, community acupuncture? I'll have to check into that and the other thing. Thanks for the tip!
      marianne

Comment

Hi guys,

I cant comment on acupunture, but i will be doing a post in the triumphs section soon, because i have managed to heal my dry eye using functional medicine Nutritional Therapy and detoxification! My eyes are 70% better, i am very exicited to tell you all about how I did it! after 8 years of suffering with severe dry eye. So watch this space.....
        I healed my dry eye with nutrition and detoxification. I'm now a Nutritional Therapist at: www.nourishbalanceheal.com Join my dry eye facebook group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/420821978111328/

Comment

I am attending my first acupunture session this afternoon. The Dr has prescribed a 12 session course and results will be noticable after 6 sessions. I will keep you all updated on my progress here.

FYI - my background is Red Bloodshot eyes in the afternoon/evening. Dry eyes. Rebound effect from clear eyes.

Comment

I recall a study on Pubmed that reported how acupuncture increased lacrimal gland secretions during the course of acupuncture. Did anyone else see it?

Keep us posted. This is interesting.

Comment

that sounds wonderful.i am very happy for you.gives me hope. i cannot wait to read your post when you post it!

Comment

So first visit, the doctor found out about my lifestyle etc.

I went through and explained the history of what i have tried with my eyes. he suggested the operation I had on my eye was a waste of time and money.

Chinese medicene is more focussed on the root cause of why my eyes are red, and the liver is connected to the eye. The organ that supports the eye needs to be looked at first before we can help the eye. The eye cannot be cured 100% but improvements can be made so that you would look like any other person.

I had about 10 needles put in my, feet, calf, around belly button.

i laid down and relaxed for 20 minutes.

I noticed an immediate difference in the brightnes of the blood vessels straight after he took them out.

he said he was successfully able to manipulate my eyes by focusing on liver accupunture points in my body.

I have about 3 more sessions in the next 2 weeks as he needs to do some trail and error on what spots to focus on and which have the best effect. then he can develop a treatment to improve my eyes. startign from weekly, to fortnighly, to monthly etc.

It will be a slow process but i feel good about it, and my eyes are not that bad this morning , so far been at my computer for 2 hours and they are ok.

Will post more, next appointment is on Saturday morning

Comment

So i had my second session on Saturday.

I woke up in the morning and my eyes were pretty red, after the appointment they were almost all white.

he tried different points this time to work out which is the best treatement for me.

I was very postive about it all

But, late afternoons and night my eyes are still the same. Very red and sore.

He said this is a work in progress and to not expect immediate results, it will take weeks/months of repairing my eye by improving my liver and having treatments.

Its lunchtime and my eyes are not bad today, but this is usual for a Monday

Next appointment in 2 days, will post again

Comment

Been to my third treatment now. It has been exactly 1 week since I first went to see him.

The results are positive (see picture from 1 week ago til today)

Click image for larger version

Name:	PicFrame.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	111.5 KB
ID:	155750

Comment

After a few more sessions, taking chinese herbs see results below. its almost been 3 weeks on this treatment and seems to be positive so far.

The doctor said that dehydration is a cause. ive started drinking lots of water per day, like 2L. and it seems to have a direct impact! if my eyes start getting red, i will have a glass and it will improve.

DRINK LOTS OF WATER!!!

Click image for larger version

Name:	eye 230913.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	494.1 KB
ID:	155751

Comment

Hi

Congrats! It is looking better. What Chinese supplements do you take? I take some too.

Comment

I dont actually know what supplements they are, its given to me in a container and i take it twice a day. Costly thought, $50ish for a weeks worth.

Ill keep posting over the next few weeks to let you know how it progresses.

my advice is WATER!! drink LOTS of WATER.. its really helping me

Comment

Franklin, did the acupuncturist tell you that you can reuse the herbs/shells/etc? I was told that I could reboil them up to three times, but to keep it in the fridge after the first boil. The herbs lasted longer this way.

Comment

The Herbs etc that i use are dissolved and consumed in hot water.

I had another treatement yesterday, now i have moved to weekly treatments.

Will post another picture in a weeks time

Comment

Working...
                              X