Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dry eyes? Allergy eyes? Pink eye infection?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dry eyes? Allergy eyes? Pink eye infection?

Hullo! For months now I have had this affliction! The diagnosis has changed, depending on, 1) the ophthalmologist on duty that day, and 2) the failure of the prescribed eye drop to make any difference!
    My lifestyle has changed dramatically, excursions out of the house again dependent on the state of my eyes. I am desperate! I now have a decidedly panda look! I was given punctal implants at my first visit, and I am sure these have irritated the situation! I am thinking of having them removed. Has anyone "out there" had the plugs removed? If so, what was your experience please ?? Heeeelp!!

Hi there,

Yikes! Sorry to hear what you are going through.

Removing true punctal plugs (i.e. the silicone ones that sit on the outside) is no big deal - very easy for you and for dr - and is a reasonable thing to ask for if you feel they are making things worse. For some people it's the wrong thing, for some people it's that they don't have a good fit or the right type, and for some it's simply a matter of needing to treat some other things properly and getting them under control before plugging.

Can you please share a little more of the history of your situation? When did it start, what are your symptoms, etc. If you share what's affecting you most (pain? redness? other?) maybe we can help with ideas for short term relief while you're working on getting some more reliable eyecare.
    Rebecca Petris
    The Dry Eye Foundation
    dryeyefoundation.org
    800-484-0244

Comment

Working...
    X