New Member New To Dry Eyes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Member New To Dry Eyes

Hello. 35yr. old male suffering from dry eyes and it started in August (early to mid august). First the facts, so far...

1. Aqueous deficient. It's an inflammation of my lacrimal gland.
    2. I'm a computer programmer. Awesome.
    3. I know about moisture chamber glasses and will be buying some. I don't care what I look like.
    4. Have been eating clean for a month now. Real clean. No bread, no pasta. Pretty high on vegetable intake and clean white meat. I've lost about 15lbs in a month.
    5. Take flax seed as supplement for a month now. Just started HydroEye two days ago.
    6. I eyelid scrub.

Diagnosis: Aqueous deficient. Ophthalmologist don't see a real sign of blepharitis although my bottom lid is dark. That can be attributed to being sleep deprived perhaps or from the constant irritation.

Weird tidbit: I developed BAD allergies about 4 yrs. ago. Bad. My symptoms presented themselves as flu like symptoms and inflammation of my sinus, throat, etc lining. My eyes were never watery and I didn't have runny nose ever. I did immunotherapy (shots) for three years and it completely made my life great. I was normal again, and it was in a matter of 1-2 months. My allergist put me in that percentage of people that shots were made for. My symptoms were atrocious. I took weeks off form work.

Anyways, how does this relate to dry eye? I don't know if it does, but after 3 yrs. my allergist stopped my shots (April of this year). Allergist said that if I feel symptoms it could be in 2-3 months. BAM! 3 months later I develop dry eyes. Out of nowhere. Right when Ragweed season hit full on. I don't know if it's just bad luck, coincidence or a factor, but i'm desperate so I am going back on shots in a few weeks (they're mixing the vials).

Anyways, am I crazy or do I have a legitimate logical thought on this?

I just want to point out that I've been reading many threads on this forum for about a month. I am really freaked out and oddly enough, motivated.

I'm very proactive. As you can see, I've already got things in motion within a month. My concern is that everyone (Opth. and General Practioners) want to mostly manage it. If it got inflamed, something is inflaming it... It's science, a matter of cause and effect. I'm an engineer and deal with systems all day. Something is inflaming my system and my body is taking out on my eyes.

I'm currently on Restasis and i'm told it takes 6 to 12 weeks to work, IF it works at all. I hope so, but I'm still really focused on treating the systemic issue; hence my return to allergy shots.... Any info on this?

Comment

It sounds like you are a lot better off than me, but use the Restasis religiously and be patient with it. I'm about 8 months in and I'm still seeing improvement. But it took me about 5 months to gradually go from being "rock bottom" to "semi-normal." It is a VERY slow process.
      32/M ATD • Getting better every day!

Comment

Working...
      X