Newby

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Newby

Hi. I'm very new to this sight and not good at technology. I use my iPhone. Can anyone explained how to use this sight and explain the terms. Ie. blog, threads tags, etc? Greatly appreciated.

Welcome Kathee ~ Dryeyetalk works well on iPhone, doesn't it? You've basically got a smaller version of what I see on the laptop computer. I usually turn my iPhone sideways to get a better view.

Press on the link 'FAQ' on the dark blue bar at the top under the giant teardrop, then under 'Board FAQ' choose the link 'General Forum Usage'. And it's all there.

Also, back in the main Forum list ('Forum' button in the dark green bar under the logo), press on the links 'READ ME. Announcements and Policies' and 'How do I?...' and press on the threads that say 'Sticky'. These give 'Forum Policy' and 'Help for first time users'.

Rebecca's blog Keratoscoop is excellent http://www.dryeyezone.com/talk/blog....ebecca-s-blog) for keeping us up-to-date on research. Under her picture there is a 'subscribe' option - I get it sent to email so I don't miss anything.

There's also a Facebook page 'The Dry Eye Zone', and a newsfeed on Twitter 'Rebecca Petris @DryEyeZone'. The Dry Eye Zone website ('dry eye resource center by, for and about dry eye patients') is very useful http://www.dryeyezone.com/. Also 'Dry Eye Shop' link here on the green bar up top.

Whereas the 'threads' are for conversation about topics, the 'blogs' are where people share an ongoing story. I don't think 'Articles' works, at least it doesn't work for me.

'Tags' are to click on to help us find information in the conversations/threads (go to bottom of any thread and click 'view tag cloud') but threads are not always tagged so we use the 'Search' box and 'Advanced search' up to top right.

'Private Messages' (dark blue bar under the teardrop) are very handy for talking to people about sensitive matters that don't appear public on the Forum, like how they got on with their particular docs!
    Last edited by littlemermaid; 29-Sep-2013, 04:14.
    Paediatric ocular rosacea ~ primum non nocere

Comment

Working...
    X