No announcement yet.

Need Support! New to this and feeling desperate :(

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Almondiyz, please see my latest thread - My latest experience with probing.

Prior to Lipiflow, first establish and confirm that there is a channel for the meibum to flow. You have seen the posts by some of those who have had Lipiflow and afterwards there was chalazion, or soreness that lasted for several days or other side effects. Ask yourself, are you sure your glands are not obstructed? Ask your doctor the same thing.

Prior to my last probing this last Thursday, Dr. ****** found "a good volume of oil expressed." Yet upon probing he found obstructive fibrous tissue in virtually all of the glands probed. I'd had a very sharp stabbing pain in a very specific spot that did not subside after warm compresses - a clear sign of an obstructed meibomian gland. And in most cases the glands probed had obstruction, further down in the gland and not just at the opening. This is why there was adequate volume of expressed oil, but still the gland was obstructed. Had I even massaged the lids on my own, I would have caused further damage, let alone for 15 minutes with a mechanical device.

My point is not that Lipiflow is not effective for what it is designed. But in medicine there is the saying, "First, do no harm."

There are also the studies that ask what do patients want. The answers are:
    1) Help me
    2) Don't hurt me
    3) Be nice to me

As a patient you have a right to these three. And your doctors and other healthcare providers have an obligation to deliver.

Comment

Working...
    X