Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

As for the duct. He tried to inject saline down my left tear duct and I never felt it go down my throat. The right one flushed instantly. It took multiple tries to eventually get the left one going but I think it swelled up again cause it's dry again. Seeing an ENT soon for the sinus inflammation.

Comment

The pain could be from pressure build-up if there are no signs of redness from inflammation. It's not directly related to your individual problem, but bear with me. I've had pain in my inner ear when swallowing since my toxic epidermal necrolysis attack, and I recently read about how there is an Eustachian tube behind the ear drum connecting the ear to the throat which opens and allows air to escape when swallowing. When it is blocked it can cause pain due to inescapable pressure. The tear duct is connected to the nose, it acts as a drainage pipe for the eyes. So I do wonder if the cyst blockage is causing a build of pressure.

I'm not sure how this would cause dry eye but people say the meibomian glands downregulate oil production when there is a blockage in the meibomian duct. I wonder if the lacrimal gland that produces tears also downregulates if there is a blockage at the lacrimal sac in the nose. Worth asking a doctor.
      Last edited by PhoenixEyes; 21-Apr-2017, 05:44.
      Sufferer due to Toxic Epidermal Necrolysis.

Comment

Originally posted by michael0990 View Post
        As for the duct. He tried to inject saline down my left tear duct and I never felt it go down my throat. The right one flushed instantly. It took multiple tries to eventually get the left one going but I think it swelled up again cause it's dry again. Seeing an ENT soon for the sinus inflammation.
        how are you doing now micheal? are you having surgery to remove this? would love to hear how your doing.

People have recovered, so can we.
        www.twitter.com/EyeGirlfriend)

Comment

Hi Michael,

I also developed dry eyes after an eye check. I think that my problem started with a shirmer test, that dried out all my tears, kicking off my inflammation, and a domino effect. I am still struggle with this. Did you have a shirmer test done in that eye check that caused your initial simptomes? How are you doing today? Anybody here had similar stories?

Comment

I've had 2 schirmer tests done but don't think it impacted me much, already had dry eyes though from toxic epidermal necrolysis. One thing that does impact me though is the eye pressure test, where they do tiny micro taps on the eye. I've gotten an abrasion twice from that, very painful, but a staining test check 1~2 weeks later showed that the abrasion had healed. I've had eye pressure tests almost every visit though for half a year and usually have no problem with it, just so people don't get scared by hearing my story. Glaucoma from high pressure can cause blindness so it's best to get it checked if you're on steroid eye drops, had a pressure test at my last visit and wasn't painful.
            Sufferer due to Toxic Epidermal Necrolysis.

Comment

hi.
              do you have mgd?
              do you test tea tree oil or sulphur?

Comment

'the eye pressure test, where they do tiny micro taps on the eye. I've gotten an abrasion twice from that' - we can request a non-contact tonometer. It's also possible to take intraocular pressure on the side of the eyeball. So sorry this happened.
                Paediatric ocular rosacea ~ primum non nocere

Comment

Schirmer Test:
                  I start wondering how accurate/useful of Schirmer. I know many doctors now prefer the Osmalarity test
                  (result 296, 3 months ago).

Just did I & II recently which showed the worst results (9) I ever had yet my eyes were ''almost normal/good''.
                  I did not sleep the night before, did not have drop for 1 day - maybe that would also affect the results??

I did Schirmer a few times before and my eyes were always in pain yet value was 20.
                  Maybe I put drop some hours before the test influenced the test?

Comment

Working...
                  X