No announcement yet.

6 years of the most bloodshot eyes ever, but no dryness or discomfort at all

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 6 years of the most bloodshot eyes ever, but no dryness or discomfort at all

Ive been lurking on this forum for a year now. Ive had bloodshot eyes since 2008 and they rarely feel like they're dry at all.

Of course ive gone through the whole redness reliever dilemma and only use them in emergency situations..interviews, meetings etc. I always keep theratears on me and i use them throughout day even though they dont do anything. Ive gone through months of steriod drops (FML, Lotemax mainly) which slightly make them better at first. As everyone here probably knows, they stop working eventually and i end up taking the drops just for the thought of them potentially working even though i know they wont. Ive seen 4 Ophthalmologists, 1 Optometrist and everyone has concluded that its "probably" allergies especially since ive had a history of allergies, and even though i dont feel any pain or discomfort i know allergies can still induce bloodshot eyes. I do use pataday and claritin, and ive used patanol in the past and zatador. Anyways, nothing seems to work consistently. Some drops will give me slight relief, other drops will not work at all. I havent even listed all the drops ive used, probably 4-5 more. (not including any redness relievers).

Im always observing my environment and what makes my eyes worse. Its such an annoying thing to deal with and i cant find a solution. I guess this is just me venting..dont know what else to do at this point. Ive given up hope as of now. Ill have to continue to adapt to this lifestyle. Im 24, half a year into my career and im anxious everyday because of this. My social life has taken a huge hit as well. Nobody wants to have dark red eyes. Its such a game changer for me. Im hoping Dr Horns no rebound vasoconstrictor passes phase 3 in the future and saves me. Besides that i dont know what else to lean on. .

Let me stress on this fact.. My eyes are extremely red. When others on this forum and other places online complain about their red eyes, sometimes I wonder what theyre talking about. I havent seen anyone with eyes remotely close to this amount of redness. Im talking about full on red, when its really bad. the entire scelra is completely dark red.

Click on these to actually see how red they are. And the pictures never show the full on redness as well. In person theyre just a sheet of red covering my entire scelra.

Just have to continue to be patient and hope for a drop that comes out in the future.

Have you tried Cliradex wipes in case demodex mites are causing the redness? Check it out. It helped my redness quite a bit.

http://www.cliradex.com/

I buy mine here:
    http://www.directdermacare.com/products/cliradex

Comment

I empathize with you.. But just because you feel no discomfort doesn't mean there is nothing wrong. Have doctors done the usual "dry eye tests?" TBUT? Schimers? Anything like that? I know it's really hard not to care about the redness, I do everyday. But I also have pain..
      Alison I ordered this and am picking mine up Sunday !

Comment

Oh good Faith - I hope they give you some relief! Good luck.

Comment

Also does the site above ship to Canada?!

Comment

I have no idea. Sorry!

Comment

Zane- Have you been tested for allergies? What is your diet like?

Comment

Thanks for the replies everyone.

Alison - I havent..Ill try the cliradex wipes and see. At this point ill try anything

Faith - I havent gotten the actual dry eye test. Im seeing a highly recommended ophthalmologist at UCLA in a few weeks, ill test for it then. I know something has to be wrong..just dont know if its dry eyes, allergies, or both or something else..again i feel zero discomfort...and im sorry for those who have pain..i cant imagine having eyes this red..combined with pain.

Kate- Ive been tested for allergies last year. and ive been aware of my allergies which have been consistent since my childhood. I'm allergic to dust, pollen, types of grass..typical allergens. I feel like indoors my eyes get worse. As for my diet. I eat very healthy, balanced meals. I always load up on veggies and protein. Im in great shape. I've been working out consistently for a decade. I also take my vitamins and fishoil . I even started taking billbery, goldenseal, Lutein supplements because they apparently help the eyes. Nothing consistently works.

Comment

Zane- when I said I have pain as well, I hope I didn't make you feel bad lol was just trying to make you feel somewhat better. Tests are good, that way, if they show something is wrong, it can be fixed! Do you have any skin problems? Redness, acne ect?

Comment

I completely understand! And thats whats puzzling me. Nothing seems wrong with my eyes. Im not a steroid responder, my pressure is fine and generally my eyes seem like they're in good condition, let me add I do have bad vision and used to be a daily contact user. Ill use contacts now very rarely and stick with glasses. I dont have acne or skin problems, ive ruled out rosacea. So it seems to be a cosmetic issue here..

Comment

Hi Zane,
                      Sorry about your situation. How is your blood pressure? Do allergy eyedrops help?

Comment

Thanks Ladiva -

I dont recall exactly what my blood pressure is. I remember it being slightly high but nothing out of the ordinary for my age.

Im currently using pataday and it has a chance of reducing the redness for an hour or two. It wont eliminate the redness itll reduce it at best, if it works. Sometimes it does nothing. Patanol was the same, eventually stopped working. Zaditor never worked. Cromolyn burned my eyes.

I want to look into my blood pressure now and see if thats contributing. perhaps its a combination of things. and blood pressure is one of them? I know when i do strenuous workouts and lift heavy my eyes are much worse..but it is contributing to this chronic redness..hmm

Comment

Lotemax makes my eyes super white lol .. How long did you try them? Did the steroids help any?

Comment

Initially they'd make them a bit white. It didnt last long term however. Ive used lotemax for the past 7 months id say. Some weeks i stay away from it and minimize it as much as i can. Today i was so paranoid with my eyes i put in pataday lotemax and FML... -_-

http://www.dryeyezone.com/talk/archi...p/t-19630.html

This is what im banking on in the future. Its been confirmed that its still in phase 3. maybe this no rebound drop comes out in the next 2-4 years. Technology and a medical advancements .... ..the only thing that can save me...only thing giving me hope

Comment

Today i was so paranoid with my eyes i put in pataday lotemax and FML
                              Is this doing you more harm than good? Mixing steroids sounds very bad. Let's hope UCLA can support you with good advice to get better. It's important to be honest about what eyedrops you've tried, we've found, so they can think about what's changed your eye surfaces and how to help. We've reduced all the prescription drops to the minimum trying to get the eye surfaces 'normal' and not set off the sensitivities. Still using plenty lubricants, gentle warm compress and cleaning though. Sometimes we use saline Minims during the day to reduce the number of chemicals going into the eyes.
                              Last edited by littlemermaid; 08-Feb-2014, 07:04.
                              Paediatric ocular rosacea ~ primum non nocere

Comment

Working...
                              X