Hi I am new to this site

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi I am new to this site

Hi, I am looking for some information on a eye disease called anterior basement membrane dystrophy.I was diagniosed with this condition over a year ago and have been through several procedures. I have used Murro ointment and drops, I have had scrapings, puntures, and lasik treatments.My my eyes are not responding. I am often in moderate to sever pain at night and this condition has left me at times with 5mm to 7mm errosions. Does anyone know of any other treatments.

Originally posted by abmd
    Hi, I am looking for some information on a eye disease called anterior basement membrane dystrophy.I was diagniosed with this condition over a year ago and have been through several procedures. I have used Murro ointment and drops, I have had scrapings, puntures, and lasik treatments.My my eyes are not responding. I am often in moderate to sever pain at night and this condition has left me at times with 5mm to 7mm errosions. Does anyone know of any other treatments.
    Hello ABMD and welcome!

I am really sorry to hear about this. Very painful and you have been through a lot with the various treatments.

Quick question - when you say lasik do you mean you had lasik for vision correction (maybe before your ABMD diagnosis?) or a laser treatment like PTK as a treatment for the ABMD?

Here's a link to some tips for nighttime protection to (hopefully) help prevent erosions. You'll see my own personal night regimen there too. Also suggest you check out our forums on night eyewear and on humidifiers if you're not already using these kinds of things.

When all else fails, sclerals have helped many people who could not get improvement with surgical and other treatments.
    Rebecca Petris
    The Dry Eye Foundation
    dryeyefoundation.org
    800-484-0244

Comment

ABMD

Hi and welcome to DEZ.

I am sure you will find some great information here and most importantly some moral support to help you through your current challenges.

I am currently going through the Recurrent Corneal Erosion thing myself and have contemplated debridement (I assume scapings in your post).

Your post is further evidence that this may not be an appropriate course of action for me.

A lot of people find comfort using some form of Gel or ointment (ointments are not my cup of tea) but sometimes you just have to do what you have to do to get through the night.

Some people also like the Tranquil Eye googles and find that they give them some relief.

Cheers

Ian

Comment

Originally posted by Rebecca Petris
        Hello ABMD and welcome!

I am really sorry to hear about this. Very painful and you have been through a lot with the various treatments.

Quick question - when you say lasik do you mean you had lasik for vision correction (maybe before your ABMD diagnosis?) or a laser treatment like PTK as a treatment for the ABMD?

Here's a link to some tips for nighttime protection to (hopefully) help prevent erosions. You'll see my own personal night regimen there too. Also suggest you check out our forums on night eyewear and on humidifiers if you're not already using these kinds of things.

When all else fails, sclerals have helped many people who could not get improvement with surgical and other treatments.
        Hello thanks for the support to answer your question I had PTK.

Comment

Working...
        X