Another dried out newbie

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another dried out newbie

Hola, I too are amongst you, red eyed, and hopeful....I have been watching the board for a couple of weeks looking for the sought after magic bullet...sigh. All kidding aside, the information here is great and I'll just keep on reading and hoping. Peace.....David

Hi David and welcome - Im glad you found this site. Im sure you will find lot of helpful information. Not to mention the all important support aswell!

You kept your intro short and sweet so Im just wondering how long you have been dealing with this - is it a fairly recent thing and do you have any idea what may have triggered it?

Take care

Comment

Hi Susie

I've had some problem with dry eyes since approx. 1993 when I had a very weird allergic reaction to somebody....believe it or not....it's true. Along with the dry eyes I have some of the symptoms of fibromyalgia, but not in the case book sense. My diagnosis is "you have something fibroish"....

Anyway my eyes have been tolerable until around last December when I had an infection in my gums. Somehow that bacteria also triggered somekind of allergic reaction that left me with what I call "Sahara eyes", like the desert.

I have plugs in both eyes but I'm still miserable. I started with Restasis but stopped when I read that they haven't proven effective with plugs. I read the posts here and haven't found anything conclusive either way about that.
      Will keep watching...

That's all for now....adios, David

Comment

Hi again David,

I wouldnt write the restasis off simply because you have plugs - they never studied it with plugs. Some people have been helped by it and they've had plugs/cautery etc. If you can afford it and you tolerate it ok then it could be worth another go.

Comment

Originally posted by SusieD
          Hi again David,

I wouldnt write the restasis off simply because you have plugs - they never studied it with plugs. Some people have been helped by it and they've had plugs/cautery etc. If you can afford it and you tolerate it ok then it could be worth another go.
          I have lower plugs and I started using restasis last night. I can see the difference right now even with only two doses of it. I would definitely try it again.

Cheers,

Deniz

Comment

David, I am also new to this wonderful site and read your posting. I produced no tears, so when I was put on Restasis, it only burned without any results. I stopped the Restasis.Then I had plugs put in, which did not provide any relief on their own - still no tears.I did some research online - I was so desperate - spoke with my doc about Evoxac. (It's a medication that helps Sjorgrens Syndrome patients by stimulating the mucus membranes.) I started Evoxac under his care and experienced almost immediate benefit. Still though, my eyes were irritated and blurry at times - just not as bad without it. I was producing some tears, so I had the idea if I could try Restasis again perhaps it could work how it was meant to. It's been around 12 days and I have almost complete relief. So, don't give up - perhaps tweak!

Comment

Working...
            X