Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New to the forum! Eye problems out of nowhere!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MGD1701 ]
    youre right, with a diagnosis approapriate measires can be taken. I haven’t done anything else as that doctor said to not bother. I will definitely try and get to the bottom of this because somethings not right and I owe it to myself to try my best. This year has been the worst year of my life and has absolutely destroyed me. It has also almost run my relationship with my fiancé into the ground. I really don’t know how much more I can take of this it feels like a nightmare that I will wake up from but it never happens. I’ll look into GLA I don’t really know what that is, also is co enzyme10 good? Apparently it has helped some people. Any other vitamins and minerals that have really helped you that you’ve seen? Maybe that can help me too I’m desperate just like I’m sure everyone here is too

Comment

@Topher3 Based on your experiences so far, do you think you will continue doing IPL? It is very expensive here in the UK, I can't afford to be throwing money away.

I have also experienced this dark day moment, believe me I understand the thoughts that went through your mind, but I personally refuse to give up hope.

I too believe nutrition is important, so while I already had a balanced diet from before while doing regular exercise, I have been taking nutritional supplements for the past 7 months which although do not seem to making any difference, I will carry on taking them in the hope that the effects will kick in one day. These are;-

Omega 3, flaxseed oil, sea buckthorn oil, evening primrose oil, udo's oil, hydrolised collagen, hyaluronic acid, vitamin C and general multivitamin.

More recently I have added bilberry, eyebright, royal jelly, vitamin D, and taurine, but once my supplies run out I will stop these because I don't think these are having any effect whatsoever.

I am willing to try the coenzyme you mentioned instead.

By the way I used optimel too which stung like nothing else, I would have been prepared to carry on using it (apparently takes a couple of months to work) but the few times I used it it made no difference except increase redness, which was unfortunate as it was quite pricey.

Comment

enzyme10: no idea about this.

healthy diet helps of course, we get what we eat, right? avoid sugar, processed food etc.
        I prefer to collect facts first before taking more/ other Vit. supplements etc. Even smoking/smoke is bad for MGD.

Comment

Alix just wondering what the dry eye centre are charging for IPL? I've been trying to find out prices from a few places and some are just crazy expensive.

Comment

@Lena11 I didn't ask as there was no point, I don't have the funds to pay for anything extra at the moment. Based on research I did a couple of months ago, the cheapest I could find in London was £380 per session, I imagine the dry eye centre would charge at least that if not much more.

Comment

Hey Alix, what doctors have u seen so far in Moorefields? Any good? Private message some names if u get the chance

Comment

@SirDryEye Out of the doctors I have seen there so far, I cannot recommend a single one. I do not want to start naming names here or privately.

I still have faith in the NHS system, if I had a "serious" condition such as cancer, cataracts, glaucoma, etc I am certain they would have been all over it, but they just don't have the equipment/expertise to diagnose and treat dry eye syndrome.

Comment

Alix Thanks for the vitamin facts. I do believe you will find the combination that will work for you just gotta keep searching my friend. In regards to my IPL, I completed my 4 IPL sessions. I do feel like something has changed however it’s hard to accept the small changes when things still don’t feel good. They costed me 100$ AUD for each IPL and a gland expression and I did that 4 times. 380 £ for one IPL treatment??? Thats absolutely disgusting they are charging that. Are you sure there’s not some optometrists that do it for cheaper. IPL doesn’t need to be done by an optometrist or opthamologist so try some optometrists see if they do it cheaper. It’s worth a try if you can afford it but in regards to results for me...not great.

Comment

@Topher3 It's good to hear objective views from people like you who have actually used IPL. To be fair they said at the Dry Eye Centre it may help, not that it would help. And yes it is ridiculous the prices here in the UK!!

@Lena11 Based on telephone research, there are only 2 places in the London area which offer IPL for dry eye -
                    1. The Centre for Light: Cost is £1100 for 4 sessions (they make you pay for it as a package), not sure what the consultation fee is.
                    2. The Dry Eye Centre: Cost is £200 per session (4 recommended), plus £250 consultation fee.

There are only a handful of other places in the UK which offer IPL for dry eye.

I might start another new thread to see if anyone else has any information about IPL in the UK.

Comment

Alix I asked Centre for Sight and their consultation fee was £400! I gave them a few choice words about ripping desperate people off.

Comment

@Lena11 £400 is outrageous!! I knew the consultation fee would be in the hundreds which is why I didn't bother asking but that is an extraordinary amount to charge!

This is so depressing.

Comment

I had 7 doctors tell me there was no cure, which is partly true, but I took that to think, I’ll feel this bad forever. Then I met my 8th doctor and he diagnosed me properly. It has helped me a lot. So someone saying there is no answer. Well that guy may not have the answer, but someone might.

Comment

Originally posted by Lena11 View Post
                            Alix I asked Centre for Sight and their consultation fee was £400! I gave them a few choice words about ripping desperate people off.
                            It’s cheaper than what you’d pay out here (USA) with no insurance. If they are a really good eye center, with all the diagnostic tools and good doctors. Again, I think it’s worth it to get an answer. It’s worth it for the possibility of an answer.

Comment

Alix just name and shame them, save others money. Don’t be intimidated by doctors

Comment

SirDryEye I haven't wasted any money at Moorfields as I haven't paid for anything - it is an NHS hospital.

Comment

Working...
                                X