Naked Eyeballs (chemical exposure)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Haden View Post
    I wish i had a problem that had clear clinical signs and could be solved through medical treatment! The serum drops are way better than store bought drops.........
    ........................Hopefully we can meet more people on this site that have dry eye from chemical exposure to learn of any beneficial treatments.
    I would be interested in affordable serum drops. No such thing. (Ditto re: FreshKote)

As for chemical exposure:
    I was always photosensitive, but way worsened upon exposure for a prolonged period, years ago, when they came out with the highly-touted Samsung LCD monitor. All the tech guys at the time were raving about its health benefits to the eyes, due to it being TFT or something to the effect that the eyes supposedly don't detect it's blink-rate frequency.
    That turned out to be sheer baloney.

It fried my eyes, because it didn't offer a dimming-switch, and they never made anyone aware that dimming is achievable via Windows (thru a very convoluted method). But by then it was too late anyway.

Furthermore, and here's what's relevant to chemicals:

I'm positive that along with the heat emitted by its brightness, epoxy chemicals were also outgassing from it. Author Nordstrom explained this in her book "Invisible Disease". But these issues have all along been suppressed from public awareness, and continues to be so.

One day, I got an epiphany "hunch" leading me to drag up my old-fashioned CRT monitor from basement, whose phosphors were quite depleted. It also had vital Dimming capability. (so much for knocking old-fashioned stuff!

Within a short period of being on that CRT (vs. the inferior "modern" Samsung) - my health felt SO much better. Nomore back twinges, or terrible cramps and bodywide aches & pains. Nomore excruciating eye pain.

Still, too late for my eyes - the damage was done. (aside from bodywide damage)

But you better believe - had I continued on the Samsung LCDalong with its outgassing epoxies for much longer - I'd have developed WAY more major eye issues than I already have.

P.S. Despite that i'm chem-sensitive, I do get relief when smearing, say, White tiger-balm, on temples and skin areas surrounding my eyes. Same goes for tiny amounts of mint-oil, assuming its quality-grade such as Aura Cacia. VapoRub is also OK.
    CHEERIO! HELIO! Dry Eye Minni

sigpic

Comment

Hi

I have just been disgnosed with chemical exposure causing dry inflamed eyes after five months of utter hell. I moved into a flat that stank of solvents (not that it stank of solvents when I fiurst viewed it).

Within four days of living there I was unable to wear soft contact lenses and my eyes have been burning ever since.

Obviously I don't live there anymore but the damage has been done. I've tried pretty much everything including wearing scleral lenses and nothing works. I'm a week or so into restasis so maybe that could assist. I can't sleep anymore. My eyes are so sore.

Comment

Working...
      X