Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NanoTears

Hello dear friends,

I'm a new member. English is not my native language, so forgive my mistakes, please. I've been reading this forum for 6 months silently, and kind of happy that I'm not along with my problem. I'd be really happy if nobody has problems with their eyes ever. I had Wavefront Femto LASIK 6.5. months ago , and suffering from the pain in my right eye during day time. A lot of regrets and tears... I don't want to open my eyes in the morning , because another painful day is waiting for me. But there are my children and my job... I have temporary upper and lower plugs in right eye. No help, actually. Also,my ophthalmologist pun me on Restasis 6 weeks ago, but I can't say it helps me with the pain. Mostly, I feel like my eye is raw, and like wind blows into it. Also, from time to time I have a foreign body sensation under my upper lid, or in the corners of the eye. Closer to the evening my eye begins to hurt more , and then it hurts all around the eye like I have an eye ache.
    As Rebecca suggested to me(Thank you, Rebecca!), I wear safety goggles from Home Depot when I can.They are not as good as I'd like to have, but recently I made a research, and ordered several pairs of goggles which seem to be good enough for my small face. I hope, they will help me during the day.
    I have a question. Has anyone ever tried NanoTears drops?
    http://www.nanotearseyedrops.com/nan...dry-eye-relief
    They sound very promising, but I'd like to have some feedback if it's possible. If not, I can be a pioneer with them.

Thank you.
    Irina
    Last edited by Irina; 04-Jan-2015, 19:04.

I'd try these but the don't ship outside US.. always a problem. Interested in feedback too.

Comment

i think the ingredients are the same as systane.

Comment

I saw that online, Grant, but am wondering if the oil is mineral oil or something else? Also wondering about the ratios. Cannot find Rebecca's page with all of the eye drops listed to compare ingredients. Welcome Irina! I hope your eye problem heals and that you will be fine.
        Last edited by LaDiva; 05-Jan-2015, 12:57.

Comment

the company posts very little information about their product, which makes me skeptical. They describe their eyedrop as better because it contains "nanopids," whatever that means. It appears to be a brand new company.

Comment

Thanks Grant. I wasn't able to find the contents either.

Comment

I just got the letter from them

The NanoTears MXP Forte contains
              Active Ingredients
              Polyethylene Glycol 40 0.4%
              Propylene Glycol 0.3%

Inactive Ingredients
              Boric acid, castor oil, gellan gum, glycerin, hydromethycellulose, poloxy 35 castor oil, polysorbate 80, sorbitol, tromethamine, Vanish (stabilized peroxy complex as a preservative) and purified water. Sodium hydroxide or hydrochloride acid may be added to adjust the pH

Thanks,
              Paula Young

Altaire Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
              P.O. Box 849
              311 West Lane
              Aquebogue NY 11931

Comment

Thank you Irina. This is very helpful. Here are the contents of Systane Balance:

Propylene Glycol 0.6% - Lubricant.
                Inactive Ingredients: Boric Acid, Dimyristoyl Phosphatidylglycerol, Edetate Disodium, Hydroxypropyl Guar, Mineral Oil, Polyoxyl 40 Stearate, Polyquad® (Polyquaternium-1) 0.001 Preservative, Sorbitan Tristearate, Sorbitol and Purified Water. May contain hydrochloric acid and/or sodium hydroxide to adjust pH.

Comment

Thank you LaDiva,
                  Yes, the ingredients look pretty much the same. So,I 'll give nanotears a try because I'm out of drops.I hope that they at least will give me the same lubricating result as Systane gives .

Comment

Hi ,
                    I see the dry eye doctor today from Shey Eye institute. She said that I do have dry eyes, but also I might have corneal neuralgia in my right eye because nerves regrew wrong way. She prescribed serum drops for 3 months, and if they do nothing, I should take Neurontin. I'm so sad and frustrating. I don't want be on medications my whole life. Crying...
                    Last edited by Irina; 11-Mar-2015, 13:25.

Comment

I went to the eye doctor a few weeks ago. He said my eyes have healed, and I should not be having pain, but I do. He thinks it is corneal neuralgia, and told me to contact my primary care doctor for some Lyrica. I haven't done this, but should. I know how you feel. Don't cry yet. There might be a med that will help, although I hate taking "stuff". Does your doc have special equipment so that she can see the nerve growth? Wishing you all the best.

Comment

I just ordered them on Amazon .I live in USA .

Comment

LaDiva, thank you.I try to be strong . It's so hard sometimes. We are in the same boat. The doctor said that the institute just bought the confocal microscope, and she will send me next time for the test. I see that something is wrong with my right eye because I really don't feel any dryness on it. Also, left and right eye are completely the same physically (as the doc said).Yes, she saw some inflammation also in both eyes.She called it blepharitis (just to have a diagnosis?). So, I should continue to use doxy and Restasis. But I have pain only on the right side of my head -around my right eye. My eyebrow and temple hurt on that side .Especially, when I 'm under the stress even a little. So, the pain is neurotic. Probably, because I'm very sensitive, so my nerve system reacts like this .
                          And also, it's very interesting what is common between us, people who suffering so badly from the pain. I know a lot of people who has dry eye or other kind of pain, and they never complain. Is our pain threshold very low ? Or we have same color of eyes (I know that people with light-colored eyes are more likely to have sensitivity to bright light than those with darker-pigmented eyes), and our eyes are sensitive to dryness and pain...I have to make a research . Sorry for my philosophy.I want to have an answer.Theoretically.
                          LaDiva, have you ever tried autologous serum?
                          Last edited by Irina; 12-Mar-2015, 08:51.

Comment

Hi Irina, I understand how you feel, and I am not sure we can be strong, but maybe hopeful. I do have a high pain threshold, but am sensitive to all kinds of things. Not sure about eye color. My eyes are hazel, so sort of light, sort of dark! The doctor said that since my eyes are completely healed (he can see no signs of corneal damage which would cause pain) that I don't need autologous serum. I tried GABA a couple of years ago, and it didn't help. Is GABA the the same as Neurontin? I am sorry you have the pain around your eye and face. I don't have that; just eye pain. Happy to hear your doctor has a confocal microscope. I am trying to figure out who has one in Northern California. Are you using serum drops?

Comment

Apparently GABA aminobutyric acid and Gabapentin (Neurontin) are not the same. The GABA I bought from the health food store is aminobutyric acid as is most of what I can find for sale online. It appears that pills containing Gabapentin require a prescription. The only one I can find is marketed is by Pfizer. I am in the U.S., so perhaps folks in Europe or other countries have OTC access . I noticed Nerontin by Pfizer is being shipped from Thailand by a third party seller on Amazon, but I wouldn't trust the authenticity and would prefer a prescription. http://www.fda.gov/downloads/Drugs/D.../UCM229208.pdf

Comment

Working...
                              X