X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone like me???

Hi
    having pain 24/7 since 2010

Ive been doing ok the last 10 months, that means pain every day but a level that not kill me.......Im very bad again and what happens....back to this side...

But I just feel like a unique case - now im not - but still..

My schirmer is ok - sometimes close to complete normal
    TBUT last measure 6-8 sec
    was at the dryeyeclinic in Oslo - yes dry eyes - bur not serious yet( stage 2 out of 4)
    Wisiting Dr Handzel in Frankfurt for probing - His face said - why are u here - u are no candidate for probing ( no result at all)
    In Oslo - meibography normal - few dropouts - ok schirmer ok TBUT - but meibum Quality not the best....

I was on restasis but stopped because of starting the new drug from japan muscota - but that seems not to help...........maybe it was foolish to stop restasis......but it said that not on the same time

over the last 3 weeks eyes got really bad - so bad that i hardly can keep them open......terible burning... but no infection the doc said - - is schlerals my last hope???

BECAUSE OF MY NOT SO BAD MEASUREMENTS compared to my pain I OFF COURSE STILL HOPE THAT THERE IS A NOTHER PARALLEL REASON TIL MY PROBLEMS::::::AM I JUST A DREAMER OR?????

ANYONE WITH A SIMULAR DIAGNOSE AND Found A TREATMENT MAKING IT BETTER::::
    Last edited by Kenneth; 03-Mar-2015, 09:15.

Originally posted by Kenneth View Post
    Hi

Ive been doing ok the last 10 months, that means pain every day but a level that not kill me.......Im very bad again and what happens....back to this side...

was at the dryeyeclinic in Oslo - yes dry eyes - bur not serious yet( stage 2 out of 4)
    Wisiting Dr Handzel in Frankfurt for probing - His face said - why are u here - u are no candidate for probing ( no result at all)
    In Oslo - meibography normal - few dropouts - ok schirmer ok TBUT - but meibum Quality not the best....

I was on restasis but stopped because of starting the new drug from japan muscota - but that seems not to help...........maybe it was foolish to stop restasis......but it said that not on the same time

over the last 3 weeks eyes got really bad - so bad that i hardly can keep them open......terible burning... but no infection the doc said - - is schlerals my last hope???

BECAUSE OF MY NOT SO BAD MEASUREMENTS compared to my pain I OFF COURSE STILL HOPE THAT THERE IS A NOTHER PARALLEL REASON TIL MY PROBLEMS::::::AM I JUST A DREAMER OR?????

I think my problem is similar to yours. Clinically almost everything appears normal, yet my eyes feel raw and sting all the time. It has been suggested to me that a conjunctival chalasis operation might benefit me. Has anyone mentioned that as a possibility with you?

Comment

Originally posted by Kenneth View Post
      Hi

Hi Kenneth,

Sorry you are here and going through this. Your problem may be corneal neuralgia, sometimes called corneal hyperanalgesia. If so you're not alone. There is a lot of information about it on this site:

http://www.bostoneyepain.org.php53-6...tetestlink.com

The conservative treatment for it is to protect your eyes from stimuli 24/7. That means wearing moisture chamber glasses or scleral lenses all day and sleep goggles at night. Not easy, but it does work for some. It takes time too--at least six months. There are other treatments but I'm not really familiar with them. Others on this site have had luck with those and hopefully they will chime in. You can also leave a message on the Boston Eye Pain site. They may be able to help. I hope you find some relief soon.

Comment

I just posted a question about Corneal Neuropathy. The doctor says my eyes are now healed and don't look that dry. He said they are perfectly healthy, and that the pain must be neuropathy. He suggested asking my GP for Lyrica. I have a problem with poor oil and am quadra-plugged. I also have Ocular Rosacea, and am not sure what the next step should be. Kenneth, a TBUT of 8 is still pretty uncomfortable. I think our TBUT is supposed to be 12 or more. You do have dry eye, and 8 is uncomfortable. Have you tried plugs, warm compresses and goggles? Best wishes to you. I know how you feel.

Comment

hi and thanks!

I mentioned it for my eye doc...
          she said quickly no, ......
          that would be easy to se she said.....
          isn't that a pain on a special spot in eye???

Comment

HI..

tried it all
            restasis, plugs, warm compresses, blephasteam, probing etc. etc nothing at all works

Comment

have you tried autologo serum drops?.

Comment

no...
                the doc on the university hospital says im not that kind of patient who could benefit.......

Comment

Kenneth, please Google this: Addressing the Pain of Corneal Neuropathy. Unless your eyes have been evaluated with a Confocal Microscope, your doctors can not rule out Corneal Neuropathy/Neuralgia. Nina

Comment

Do you have blepharitis? Try to improve your eyelids hygiene, clean in 2x a day with a cleaning gel for 4 weeks.

Comment

Working...
                    X