Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone with Map, Dot dystrophy and meibomian gland disease?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone with Map, Dot dystrophy and meibomian gland disease?

Hi, I am new to this forum and would like to have contact with people with these two eye diseases. I was diagnosed with these conditions bout 11 months ago. I am still experimenting with over the counter eye lubrication drops and would like to know what works for you. I use Refresh night time ointment to help prevent recurrent corneal erosion. My doctor wants me to clean the eyelids the next mornign to remove any excess ointment so I put on a warm compress first, then do a gentle washing of the eyelids with Ocusoft wipes. What do you do for night time? How often do you use warm compresses? And do you clean your eyelids with lidscrubs--if so, what kind have you found works? I was using baby shampoo, but felt it was a little too drying. What is your regime?? I live in the Bay Area. Lani

Hello, Lani, and very welcome here with us. Hopefully someone with longer experience of managing dystrophy will come along soon, and there are plenty, but they may be lurking! Good to do some searches too to find the names. So glad you are doing well with your docs.
    Paediatric ocular rosacea ~ primum non nocere

Comment

Working...
    X