No idea what has happened to me

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No idea what has happened to me

Hello! I'm writing here because I need ideas on what has happened to my eyes. The story is as follows:

After a particularly deep and insightful night on MDMA I layed down in my bed to round up the day. I reached my inner ear laser device and started playing with the lights in the ceiling instead of using them the way they are meant to be used. They project a pretty strong beam of red laser light pulsating at 30 times per second with a strength of 30 mW. So I laid there pholosophizing about my night for like 5-10 min while playing with the tantalizing lights. Very nice moment in fact. What came afterwards was not so nice... My eyes started burning quite badly and I had a panic attack thinking I was going blind because of the lights. I went to the hospital right away but they checked everything and found nothing wrong with them even though they hurt like hell. They told me I had dry eyes and gave me drops. Cool, just dry eyes I thought. Oh really... "just" dry eyes? The pain was excruciating every day. I went back to the hospital four times as I didn't feel dry eyes was the underlying problem but rather a symptom of something that had been damaged...

I should add that they have not checked my eyes with a confocal microscope to check whether the nerves on my cornea have been oversensitized or something like that, indicating corneal neuralgia. In such a case it would be paramount to treat it as soon as possible before it becomes chronic; I'm thinking serum eye drops, "scratching away" the damaged nerves or a cornea transplant if neccessary. I will risk blindness just to get out of this pain. I should add that I also experience pain in my cheek, nose and head which I'm not sure is normal in the case of only "dry eye syndrome", but rather would indicate something more like trigeminal neuralgia/inflammation in the trigeminal brain stem - which Harvard professor Dr. Perry Rosenthal thought when I wrote to him what happened and my symptoms, but I'm not sure he's right either because my cornea started burning right afterwards... would that be an instant inflammation then?!

Do dry eye patients have radiating pain around the eyes (and cheeck and nose) with the most severe pain in the eyes themselves (like me)? Would a problem with the trigeminal nerve mean equal pain in and around the eyes? I'm really not sure what's going on and the doctors still say just "dry eyes" but why would looking at a laser produce dry eyes? Obviously wrong logic. I need a confocal microscope check but the hospital here only uses it for research . Now, 1 month after this, I'm in severe pain everyday and it seems to be getting worse. I cannot be outside for longer than 15 minutes WITH sunglasses or my eyes start to become swollen and slowly shut... Using the computer is a big pain. Reading a regular book is not easy either. There is like nothing to do other than to work out and meditate. Navigating in a world of light is not easy when you're photophobic...

I never thought something so bad could happen from playing with some lights in the ceiling... I'm very sad and desperate. Any advice or insights from you people on this forum would be much appreciated. Thanks!
Working...
X