Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Eyelid Skin Grafts-Have You or Someone You Know Had This Surgery?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eyelid Skin Grafts-Have You or Someone You Know Had This Surgery?

I've had 11 surgeries by 3 different doctors to cure my ectropion and dry eye since 1994. My last surgery was in 2013, and it did not work because I do not have enough skin around my eyes to close them properly. I use eye drops hourly to keep my eyes from hurting, and I sleep with Refresh PM ointment and Tranquileyes. I’ve interviewed 3 oculoplastic plastic surgeons in the last 6 months for advice. All 3 offered different possible solutions, but each one of them also said skin grafts would probably help my dry eye the most. All 3 of them also told me skin grafts are quite noticeable and in many cases look pretty bad. I've had cosmetic surgery years ago, so the operation would require using skin from my inner arm or shoulder because the favored areas (eyes near ears) are scarred. What I would like to know is what others who have had eyelid skin grafts experienced after the surgery. Did the grafts help a lot, did they look bad, and would you recommend this surgery to others? Thank you very much.
Working...
X