Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi there, from France

Hi there,

I already posted in the Medical literature section, wondering if anyone else is interested in the new kind of redness drop that’s being developed, and if you think it’s the one Dr Latkany referred to in an email to me recently.

I’m English and live in France. I’ve had an issue with dryness/blepharitis/noticeable veins for a year and a half, and it’s got me down quite a lot. I’ve seen a number of ophthalmologists about it.

I had lasik 6 years ago, but the effects wore off somewhat and I was advised to try daily contacts for when I wanted to see really well. And I did, from time to time, but then accidentally slept in them, and my eyes looked redder than before, and then I tried some vasoconstrictor drops, just once, and that made the situation worse. And they never seem right and are more light sensitive than before, and look worse sometimes when the weather is hot, especially if I go to the beach.

Doctors say I have some dryness/poor tear quality now and I use Vismed drops. Some also said there’s a bit of blepharitis/MGD and to try warm compresses with Eyebags and pressing the lids. But I don’t know if this helps. My GP says he thinks maybe it’s making it worse, putting something warm on them…

I’m confused. I read on some forums some people saying cold compresses could shrink veins. And I tried once with frozen peas in a plastic bag and wrapped in a cloth, just for five minutes, and it was soothing, but I don’t think it helped and I’m afraid to do things that haven’t been recommended by a doctor.

Anyway, I hope to learn some useful stuff on here.

All the best,

Oliver

I'll just add that my plans to improve things, hopefully include trying to cut down a bit on screen using time (but it's not easy as I work on a screen and also have leisure interests involving going online), get a bit more sleep (I tend to have a bad habit of staying up late), and improving my diet. I also take some Omega 3.

Comment

Working...
    X