Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi, there, new poster

Hi, I'm new to this site.
    I have had chronic dry eye syndrome for 30 years and have a diagnosis of Sjogren. A new eye doctor has just suggested Restasis but looking at their internet site, it says there was no new tear production with plugs or cauterization. I have one eye with plugs and one eye cauterized for some reason that isn't clear to me. I'm wondering why the doctor prescribed Restasis under those circumstances. Secondly, I read a lot about how Restasis stings and burns, which is quite off-putting. Are there any other known side-effects?

Well I can tell you I have all my ducks plugged and I take Restasis and I think it does help. I also do warm compresses 2 times a day and take Theratears nutrition pills. I also
    take 20mg of Doxycycline a day. Not sure which one is helping the most but my eyes are better. I also wear sclera lenses but this is more for my vision since I have some
    irregularity in my cornea due to Lasik in 2005 (but is does help my dry eyes as well). The Restasis does burn a little but not bad. I think it has helped me. I think it is worh a try. Andrea B

Comment

Originally posted by alb1967 View Post
      Well I can tell you I have all my ducks plugged and I take Restasis and I think it does help. I also do warm compresses 2 times a day and take Theratears nutrition pills. I also
      take 20mg of Doxycycline a day. Not sure which one is helping the most but my eyes are better. I also wear sclera lenses but this is more for my vision since I have some
      irregularity in my cornea due to Lasik in 2005 (but is does help my dry eyes as well). The Restasis does burn a little but not bad. I think it has helped me. I think it is worh a try. Andrea B
      Thanks Andrea, can you tell me what Doxycycline is please

Comment

Originally posted by Lou60 View Post
        Thanks Andrea, can you tell me what Doxycycline is please

You are welcome. Doxy is a type of antibiotic that helps kill any bacteria you may have in your glands. Some people say they cannot take it because it is hard on their

Comment

Originally posted by alb1967 View Post
          You are welcome. Doxy is a type of antibiotic that helps kill any bacteria you may have in your glands. Some people say they cannot take it because it is hard on their
          stomach. But I have not problem with it at all. (sorry I hit enter before I was finished in the last post).

Comment

Working...
          X