Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hello all, can anyone recommend a nasal spray for chronic sinusitis .

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello all, can anyone recommend a nasal spray for chronic sinusitis .

Hello all ive got chronic sinusitis and i was wondering if anyone could recommend a dry eye friendly nose spray, ive been to chemist and checked em out but they all seem to contain bak...I was using a beconase nasal spray for 15 years and i think that was partly to blame for my des now...as it contained bak..I think its shocking that so many so called remedies for colds and sinus problems have this dreaded preservative lurking in them... I am at the end of my tether with eye pain..bye for now folks..

I'll toss out an idea, since no one else has so far.......I think the saline products are probably less harmful than some of the "nose sprays." One saline nose spray product is "OCEAN" and another it "Little Noses". With others there is usually a rebound affect and you'll keep needing to use more and more of the spray to keep your sinus passages open. The saline sprays work to keep the tissues moist without the use of decongestants or anti-histamines.

(I worte this off the top of my head-and hope it's fairly accurate.) So, make a run to the drug store, as these products should be easy to find!
    Don't trust any refractive surgeon with YOUR eyes.

The Dry Eye Queen

Comment

While I agree with Lucy, I'll also add....

The homeopathic nose sprays have helped some people. That's Google-able.

You may also want to stop by Google Groups and enter alt.support.sinusitis, poking around THAT newsgroup for a bit. Start with their FAQ [2]

I've mentioned this before, but ... if you stopped by PubMed [1] just for grins, and did a search using this as your criteria "benzalkonium chloride cilia" [leave out the quotation marks], you'll see that there's a long history of proof about BAK and the old sinuses.

Good luck!

[1] http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez/query.fcgi?db=PubMed

[2] Click me!

Comment

had the same problem, was using a bak nasal spray for ages. Terrible. Have you tried one of those netti pot things? They're supposed to be ace and you just use water.
        just keep swimming...

Comment

Stanza... not sure who you're addressing your question to, but this thread is from 2006 and the person who posted the question has not been active in a long time.
          Rebecca Petris
          The Dry Eye Foundation
          dryeyefoundation.org
          800-484-0244

Comment

Strange, didn't see that, I only look at 'new posts' maybe something went wrong.
            just keep swimming...

Comment

Working...
            X