Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Been doing research on medications and dry eyes..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Been doing research on medications and dry eyes..

Im really shocked at the moment have been researching any links between escitalopram and dry sore eyes.. Known as lexapro in the u.s. If id known to start with what this drug would cause id never ever ever have started it in the first place. Interestingly enough this can cause sinus trouble which im suffering really badly from noe as well as des..Has anyone ever gradually reduced there dose of meds by themselves without having to return to gp for an alternative antideppressant. Or is there a dry eye friendly antidepressant... Apparently this med causes dry eyes amongst other scary side effects..I was on a 10 mg dose till tonight of course... best wishes to all on this great site...

Originally posted by cherrybrandy
    Has anyone ever gradually reduced there dose of meds by themselves without having to return to gp for an alternative antideppressant.
    I'll just jump right in here and give you the "correct" answer: don't do this.

Consult your GP. If the two of you agree that tapering off the med is a good idea, then you should do it IN CONSULTATION WITH your GP.

As to side effects of other antidepressants, you may want to search the forum. There are quite a few threads on that, some of which are current and ongoing.

All the best,
    Neil

Comment

Thanks neil il consult gp.

Originally posted by neil0502
      I'll just jump right in here and give you the "correct" answer: don't do this.

Consult your GP. If the two of you agree that tapering off the med is a good idea, then you should do it IN CONSULTATION WITH your GP.

As to side effects of other antidepressants, you may want to search the forum. There are quite a few threads on that, some of which are current and ongoing.

All the best,
      Neil
      Thanks for reply neil il consult gp ..

Comment

Working...
      X