Hi Everyone, This is (the begin) of My Story

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi everyone,

I received on September 25th my 1st IPL treatment.
    It lasted about 20 minutes, the first 5 with the doctor that manually moved a device that gave me intense heat wave all around the eyes, the last 15 with an automated device that constantly emitted heat light.
    I have been always with eye closed and they protected me also 2 moles in forehead.

After the IPL, the doctor manually expressed my meibomian glands and she was satisified of the treatment because a lot of sebum went away after squeezing.

I hope this will contribute to improve my situation, next session is after 2 weeks on October 9th, 2020.

In the meanwhile, after asking if it possible to my doctor, I will switch eye drops from Optive Fusion Monodose to Hylo Dual (the pink package) after receiving a gift from my dry-eye's friend
    Many people speaks well about these drops so I want to try it, I will continue to use Optive Fusion Monodose if I will be outside home and when wearing lenses, so I don't expose Hylo Dual to several different environments.

I will keep you updated on this side, maybe I will use this combination of eye-drops in the long period.

Thank you all for your attention and wish you all the best!

Comment

Hi everyone,

I received on September 25th my 1st IPL treatment.
      It lasted about 20 minutes, the first 5 with the doctor that manually moved a device that gave me intense heat wave all around the eyes, the last 15 with an automated device that constantly emitted heat light.
      I have been always with eye closed and they protected me also 2 moles in forehead.

After the IPL, the doctor manually expressed my meibomian glands and she was satisified of the treatment because a lot of sebum went away after squeezing.

I hope this will contribute to improve my situation, next session is after 2 weeks on October 9th, 2020.

In the meanwhile, after asking if it possible to my doctor, I will switch eye drops from Optive Fusion Monodose to Hylo Dual (the pink package) after receiving a gift from my dry-eye's friend
      Many people speaks well about these drops so I want to try it, I will continue to use Optive Fusion Monodose if I will be outside home and when wearing lenses, so I don't expose Hylo Dual to several different environments.

I will keep you updated on this side, maybe I will use this combination of eye-drops in the long period.

Thank you all for your attention and wish you all the best!

Comment

Thank you for sharing this information and for keeping us updated!
        I hope you find relieve with this treatment (as KittyCat on this forum also has with IPL and manual expression).
        What is your regime between IPL sessions? (warm compresses, eyelid hygiene/scrubs, supplements, etc.)

Comment

Thanks for your wishes and for citing KittyCat, I don't know her but I will check her thread.
          My regime now is:

In the morning:
          - Naviblef mousse, to be used in the morning to clean the eyes (the eyelid edges)
          - Posiforlid heating mask, once a day. I use Eyegiene when I'm out of home or if I forgot to boil the posiforlid masks (I got 4 Posiforlid masks)

In the evening
          - Omega 3, 1 capsule per day (I take it after dinner because it is the fattest meal of the day)
          - hot mauve wrap, I'm more disconstant with this, but I try to give me this treatment after dinner or before going sleep.

All the day:
          - Hylo Dual eye drops every 3 to 5 hours (starting from when I wake up and ending before going sleep) when home. Outside home or when wearing lenses I continue to use Optive Fusion Monodose.

Comment

Originally posted by Yello View Post
            Thanks for your wishes and for citing KittyCat, I don't know her but I will check her thread.
            My regime now is:

In the morning:
            - Naviblef mousse, to be used in the morning to clean the eyes (the eyelid edges)
            - Posiforlid heating mask, once a day. I use Eyegiene when I'm out of home or if I forgot to boil the posiforlid masks (I got 4 Posiforlid masks)

In the evening
            - Omega 3, 1 capsule per day (I take it after dinner because it is the fattest meal of the day)
            - hot mauve wrap, I'm more disconstant with this, but I try to give me this treatment after dinner or before going sleep.

All the day:
            - Hylo Dual eye drops every 3 to 5 hours (starting from when I wake up and ending before going sleep) when home. Outside home or when wearing lenses I continue to use Optive Fusion Monodose.
            I tried the posiforlid mask, but I found them to be really bad at warming up the eyelids. I would recommend blephasteam or a Bruder mask (or usb heated mask via amazon). They are more efficient in heating the oil in the glands.

Omega3, I would recommend a good quality omega3 and a high dose per dag (3 a 4 capsules a day), e.g.: nordic naturals EPA Xtra of PRN DE(dry eye). I'll reference my thread about omega3 as to why.

Comment

Thanks for your suggestions.
              The Bruder mask looks great!

I think it is important the dosage of EPA and DHA (the Omega3s), which is the recommended dosage that you found?

Comment

Thanks for your suggestions.
                The Bruder mask looks great!

I think it is important the dosage of EPA and DHA (the Omega3s), which is the recommended dosage that you found?
                3:1 and more is good they say, as we already have a high DHA diet.

Comment

Sorry what is 3:1? I meant the dosage in mg (i.e. I take 360 mg of EPA and 240 mg of DHA).
                  Do you mean that I should take a supplement with a dosage of EPA that is triple of DHA? But which are the absolute values of the dosage?

Comment

Sorry what is 3:1? I meant the dosage in mg (i.e. I take 360 mg of EPA and 240 mg of DHA).
                    Do you mean that I should take a supplement with a dosage of EPA that is triple of DHA? But which are the absolute values of the dosage?
                    Yes. I recommend you watch the video I linked in one of my previous comments in this thread.

Comment

Hi everyone,

after my 1st IPL of September 25th I went to quarantine as I got in contact with a person positive to COVID.§
                      For this reason I could not get the 2nd IPL booked for October 9th and rescheduled my IPLs.

I got the 2nd IPL yesterday October 23rd, after 4 weeks from the 1st IPL.

Now I'm going to get my 3rd and last IPL on November, 6th.

For the moment I have very good feelings, maybe it's just my impressions?

I forgot also to tell you that I switched to Hylo Dual because one of my dry-eye friend warmly suggest me to try it.

I will discuss with my doctor which eye drop should I take, because he also told me to try Cationorm PRO that seems to be very good for low-lipidic tear.

See you soon!

Comment

Hi everyone,

after my 1st IPL of September 25th I went to quarantine as I got in contact with a person positive to COVID.§
                        For this reason I could not get the 2nd IPL booked for October 9th and rescheduled my IPLs.

I got the 2nd IPL yesterday October 23rd, after 4 weeks from the 1st IPL.

Now I'm going to get my 3rd and last IPL on November, 6th.

For the moment I have very good feelings, maybe it's just my impressions?

I forgot also to tell you that I switched to Hylo Dual because one of my dry-eye friend warmly suggest me to try it.

I will discuss with my doctor which eye drop should I take, because he also told me to try Cationorm PRO that seems to be very good for low-lipidic tear.

See you soon!
                        Thanks for the update!
                        Have you asked the person who performed the manual expression if there was some change in the expressed meibum consistency compared to last time?
                        Also try to use a good warm compress (twice) daily in order to get the oils flowing.

Comment

Hi!
                          This time there was another doctor and no manual expression but other exams of the eye (TBUT, schirmer and a couple of another time).

BTW the doctor told me that the treatment is working (in his opinion).

Twice a day is maybe too stressing for me but I'm regular in doing warm compress once and some days a week I also do the mauve hot compress after dinner.

For the moment I'm happy considering my starting situation!

Comment

Hi and welcome!

Comment

Hi everyone,

yesterday November 13rd I received my 3rd and last IPL session at CIOS.
                              I also did exams (TBUT, drop meniscus thickness, Schirmer and another couple ) before the session and manual eye gland squeezing at the end.

The doctor was very happy about the fluidity of my sebum and I honestly can't remember how many years I haven't felt fresh eyes like this!

My only fear is that this effect could vanish, I hope it lasts for almost a couple of year!

Next time I will go to CIOS will be in May, 2021 for a control visit.

In the meanwhile l continue my regime as follows:

In the morning:
                              - Naviblef mousse, after waking up

In the evening
                              - Omega 3, 1 capsule per day
                              - hot mauve wrap, (this I'm not 100% constant with every day of the week but I'm improving!)

All the day:
                              - Optive Fusion eye drops every 3 to 5 hours (including right after waking up and before going bed)

Just a few news that I will try to add to my therapy:
                              - Circular massages to the eyelid borders (especially after the heating treatment and when using naviblef)
                              - Air Humidifier&purifier (I would like to buy this cheap model during black friday ---> https://www.amazon.it/gp/product/B00V5QS88E/) I don't know yet the posology but I think I will use it when working (I'm in smartworking). Doctor told me no problem if it's active even when I'm asleep.
                              - Pothos plant that should be a little benefit too.

I am curious about the new feeling when wearing lenses, but due to the coronavirus I really have no opportunity to go out and see people so I'm not wasting any lens!

Wish you all the best!

Comment

Hi everyone!
                                I hope everybody is safe and sound.

I wanted to post just because I noticed an obviousness.
                                I am used to work in the afternoon (smartworking) with a "high lamp", I mean the lamp that hangs from the ceiling (just a normal house lamp ).

That lamp broke but maybe the problem is not the lamp but the circuit .

So I have been working for 3 days using just the "desk-lamp" (sorry for my bad english ): I mean the bedside table lamp).

Well, my eyes hurt!

All this to say that in my opinion (I know is a banality but this fact confirm me) the lighting is very important to dry-eye (and eye pain in general), maybe more than expected!

Now I have to fix the light....

Bye!!

Comment

Working...
                                X