Hi everyone and thanks for this forum.

I'm italian and I'm not 100% comfortable with english so I apologize for my errors.
I also apologize if I skipped some FAQs, this forum is very rich of info and I'm sure I will have the time to explore it.

I’m an Italian 27-year-old patient with vision problems (myopia on 5-6° and astigmatism on 0.5-1°) from an early age. In adolescent years orthokeratological treatment (night lenses with the dual objective of stopping myopia and seeing well the next day) for about 5 years.
I suffer from about 15 years of age from a slight Gilbert, now is better and the yellowish doesn't bother me much anymore (you can find here the very first post on DryEyeZone that I made: http://forum.dryeyezone.com/forum/dr...ert-s-syndrome, I forgot it (: )
On average at the age of 18 I noticed the appearance of several red veins in the eye, so I recklessly used the vasoconstrictor Iridine 2 for 1 year in order to "whiten" the eye, running into the well-known rebound effect. Thanks to a gradual "detoxification" after the visit at Dr. Benelli, the situation was kept under control but orthokeratology had already stopped (at 18 and a half years of age) and contact lenses were used very sparingly.
At the age of 24-25 I notice progressive deterioration of the conjunctiva of my eyes, especially the left, which always present large red veins and periods in which the "tension" of the various goods is more or less painful.
In some periods, like now, even the simple blink of the eye causes pain and a feeling of discomfort (often of foreign body, sand, etc.).
I make extensive use of my PC for work and my smartphone, using lenses with a blue light filter and other shrewdness in the displays.
The difficulty in wearing contact lenses (due to the frequency and duration in which I wear them) has significantly worsened my quality of life (for running glasses, sunglasses, changing lenses outside, etc.).

I have 3 objectives:
  1. Decrease dryness and eye pain:
    - what is the cause of my dry eyes?
    - Are there any pulsed light therapies or treatments such as LipiFlow that can significantly improve the condition of my eyes (and possibly are one-time or to be repeated every how many months/years)?
    - Which "daily/periodic" therapy to follow (I use daily eye drops without preservatives + cortisone eye drops per month + omega 3 (every day every month all year round? At what dosages?) + blueberries naturally or as a supplement (in addition to the ones I already take)?
  2. Improve vision
    - Can I be a candidate for laser therapy to permanently solve my vision problems, even if I also have other eye problems (dryness, swollen veins, etc.)? For this topic I just had an appointment, right before the COVID19 pandemy, with an expert surgeon in Italy. He suggested me to have a deeper evaluation of my condition to go under surgery, but he just said me "there's nothing to do" about my dry-eye, he think is caused by ortocheratology in my adolescence (but my eyes, especially the left, is still getting worse!)
  3. Improve conjunctiva aesthetics
    - Is there any therapy that can be done to reduce the presence of veins (eliminate or narrow them), especially in the left eye?
    - Closing veins by cauterisation, photocoagulation, other techniques? WhiterEyes/iBrite treatments (famous in USA)?

I have no hurry but I want to take a path to an improve version of my eyes, I can go in detail of every mentioned step.

Many thanks in advance!