New to this forum but glad I found it

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New to this forum but glad I found it

I'm 81 years old and was diagnosed with dry eye about 4 years ago. I'm very active for my age and help run a thoroughbred horse rescue. My work there is outside and I'm sure the dirt and other materials flying around don't help. My eye doctor has had me try several prescription drops but none has worked. My pain is come and go. I can be pain free for days then suddenly I'm in horrible pain. I'm so glad I found this forum and can read and discuss with others this really terrible disorder.

Welcome zcb !

Do you have good protective eyewear of some kind? 'moisture chamber' glasses as we call - them - could be anything from safety goggles to foam-lined sportswear like 7Eye Airshield brand or Ziena Eyewear dry eye glasses. If you're not familiar with those I would definitely encourage you to look into them. Moisture chamber glasses often provide substantial help with controlling pain, as well as obviously some environmental protection.

I had some conversations recently with a career hoof trimmer, and I understand from her that impact on peripheral vision was a serious safety consideration for any moisture-retentive eyewear worn while working with horses, so she was focusing on finding clear roomy safety goggles (including some potentially to fit over glasses). Just a thought!
    Rebecca Petris
    The Dry Eye Foundation
    dryeyefoundation.org
    800-484-0244

Comment

Working...
    X