Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tyrvaya nasal

Hi all,

I’d be really interested to know if anyone has tried Tyrvaya nasal spray? I suffer with aqueous deficient dry eye and possibly mgd, you know how it is… for the first time I’ve some hope this might help. I’d be really interested to know how anyone using the spray is getting on? Also does anyone know when it’s coming to Europe? Please share on here if possible. I can’t be the only one waiting. Finally something for us aqueous deficient sufferers Thanks

I did try it and used it twice. Both times I had sharp pains in my face which scared me so I haven't used it since.

Comment

Sorry to hear that! You must be really disappointed. I wonder did this happen to anyone else? That does sound kinda scary and I know it must be bad if you were put off trying it again as if you’re like me you just want your eyes to feel normal again at any cost, literally speaking.

I’ve only seen videos of eye professionals take the spray the first time and give their review (which is appreciated)it’s something but be great to hear from someone who actually has dry eye and took the spray for a few months.

also could this help some ppl get plugs removed? I do find them helpful but annoying at the same time as I do tear more now than I did before but probably not enough if you get me? This is where I’d love to hear from aqueous deficient sufferers

Comment

I used Tyrvaya for a year, from November 2021 to the present. I believe that it does have some value in increasing baseline tear production. The other method of neurostimulation is the iTear100 device. I have been using both since August of 2022 but and am now just experimenting with the iTear100 alone.

My observations are:

re: Tyrvaya
        -it is kind of like spraying pepper in your nose. It may burn, and may burn the throat if it gets back there. It caused my nose to run for about 10 minutes. It is not a horrible experience, but certainly not pleasant.
        -I do believe that using it made me notice moisture in my eyes that was not there before. Not a dramatic tear flow, but something valuable and overall my eyes have been better.
        -it is extremely expensive with retail about $600 for two vials (obviously your insurance situation will modify this). Each vial is supposed to provide 2 weeks of treatment, but I was reliably getting 3 weeks.
        -it did not seem to help at night

re:iTear100
        -it "tickles" as you use it, but that sensation diminishes as you use it for days and weeks
        -it does create tears
        -it is much less expensive than Tyrvaya and much less unpleasant. The device itself costs $200, and requires a subscription at $30/month.
        -although the instructions say to only use it twice a day, studies (and my ophthalmologist) indicate one can use it 4 times per day and additionally as needed.

At present, I am switching from Tyrvaya to iTear100. In the short term I have not noticed much of a difference between the two, but iTear100 is much less expensive and less unpleasant to use.

Comment

Working...
        X