What I do when my eyes are super dry!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What I do when my eyes are super dry!

Hi all - just thought I'd share this, after trying IPL, warm compresses, plugs( I still have them), eye lid cleaning, anti-inflammatories and nothing worked, I had a consultation with an Ayurveda therapist, we did a treatment called 'Netra Basti', you basically have your eyes(open) bathed in ghee( purified liquid butter). My eyes were wonderfully moist for the whole day. It will not cure the disease but it does help a lot!! .If my eyes are feeling terrible I jut put a tiny bit of ghee in them, my eyes feel wonderful for hours. Another one I use is Castor Oil eye drops ( Amazon sells it), this one is also wonderful! I have to say these two oils are the only thing that work for me. Remember you should not put a full drop in your eyes, you only need a little touch of the oil and it will cover your eye completely. I'd say also, to use it when you really need it, otherwise you might end up clogging your glands even more with dirt, etc And one more thing, if I could I would go to India to try their Ayurveda Eye Hospitals! Ayurveda medicine is the most ancient medicine and they understand a lot about human bodies. Love to you all! Aline

Originally posted by Aline View Post
    Hi all - just thought I'd share this, after trying IPL, warm compresses, plugs( I still have them), eye lid cleaning, anti-inflammatories and nothing worked, I had a consultation with an Ayurveda therapist, we did a treatment called 'Netra Basti', you basically have your eyes(open) bathed in ghee( purified liquid butter). My eyes were wonderfully moist for the whole day. It will not cure the disease but it does help a lot!! .If my eyes are feeling terrible I jut put a tiny bit of ghee in them, my eyes feel wonderful for hours. Another one I use is Castor Oil eye drops ( Amazon sells it), this one is also wonderful! I have to say these two oils are the only thing that work for me. Remember you should not put a full drop in your eyes, you only need a little touch of the oil and it will cover your eye completely. I'd say also, to use it when you really need it, otherwise you might end up clogging your glands even more with dirt, etc And one more thing, if I could I would go to India to try their Ayurveda Eye Hospitals! Ayurveda medicine is the most ancient medicine and they understand a lot about human bodies. Love to you all! Aline
    Hey, Aline. I'm kind worried to try ghee direct on my eyes. Some doctor agreed with this? I'm not sure if it's sterilized enogh for this use. Share more about what you know about it and how u used.

Comment

Btw, u said u already have plugs. What kind do you have? Silicone, hydrogel... The ones u had r intracanaliculars or the "umbrella" type?

Comment

Hello! My doctor was not opposed to me using ghee in my eyes. This is Ayurveda medicine, search for 'Netra Basti', I did 6 sessions and it felt wonderful. It does not cure the desease though.
        But whenever my eyes are really bad I put ghee and it saves me. ( you have to put a really really tiny bit, like almost nothing). Ghee has vitamin E which out eyes need. But I dont use it everyday, as my goal is to make my glands work again, dont want to make them lazy. Castor oil eye drops is also amazing. ( again, it's oil, so I dont put a drop, you just want it to touch your eyes)

Comment

I have silicon, permanent ones, since 2020. I dont feel them at all, my doctor said they look fine and settled. But again, my eyes are super dry still.. MGD.

Comment

Working...
          X