Hi everyone update on my current situation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi everyone update on my current situation

Hiya i havent posted for quite a while. But older posters should remember me..

Thought id just give you an update on things.

My eyes have been 95% better for the last 5 months. i never had to use artificail tears- not even when i woke up! But i have by no means been problem free, i still had off and on pain around sinuses. Which is NOT sinusitis- but probally related to muscles. who knows. Anyway its getting more and more obvious that the problem is if not due, defiantly related to hormones. How can my eyes go from feeling very very dry one year to then feeling 90% better for a few months (march/ april /may), then dry again after i took the morning after pill. Then 95% better for 6 months (but have had face pain), now- after taking b complex and angus cactus supplements in order to balance hormones, my eyes feel abit worse (about 80% normal) but face feel good. You confused? i am! But what else can it be? If hormones are the culprit it goes to show how much hormones can effect dry eye. of course i dont know for sure i still need to get a test.

Yet there is STILL seems to be no progression in hormone related medication!
    Or of anything else for that matter! or am i wrong? any better artificial tears?

Oh Just to add the improvements were NOT down to any eye drops etc, restasis didnt help.

Anyway hope everyone is doing well. and have a good x mas..
    I healed my dry eye with nutrition and detoxification. I'm now a Nutritional Therapist at: www.nourishbalanceheal.com Join my dry eye facebook group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/420821978111328/

Sazy, so good to hear you are better. Was wondering where you were, rather HOW you were.

I think we each want to "pin down the reason" we have this miserable situation. I checked your profile and it doesn't look like you had lasik. Unless there was a defining moment like lasik, or a certain time of medication as Accutane, I don't think most will ever know the reason.

I've been around the place a long, long time and most people get better before they pinpoint their particular cause. May your good luck continue as you have even better hearing of your dry eye problems. Merry Christmas.
    Lucy
    Don't trust any refractive surgeon with YOUR eyes.

The Dry Eye Queen

Comment

For what it's worth, I did have lasik that caused my dry eyes to become alot worse, but I have noticed a very definite correlation to my cycle. My eyes become alot more unbearable the 3-4 days before my period, so I know mine are at least affected by hormones.

Glad to hear you are feeling better whatever the cause.

Comment

Nice to hear from you sazy123 and good to hear that things have been better! That's very encouraging.
        Rebecca Petris
        The Dry Eye Foundation
        dryeyefoundation.org
        800-484-0244

Comment

Working...
        X