Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello from AL

Hi everyone,

I found the Dry Eye Zone a earlier this week when I was looking up info about Tranquileyes.

I guess I don't really have dry eyes, but my eyes have been red (mild to severe) almost every day for about a year and a half. My optometrist said it wasn't allergies, but I went and saw an opthamologist last year. She gave me eye scrubs which didn't do much. I recently saw an allergist and she said it wasn't allergies because I don't have any other symptoms (itching, watering, discharges, etc). She recommended me to another opthamologist who I saw today. He said it wasn't an infection (thank goodness) and maybe I have developed a sensitivity to my contact lenses (possible, but why only 1.5 years ago? I've been wearing them since I was 14, and I don't wear them more than 8 hours, etc).

Anyway, he prescribed me .1% fluorometholone drops that I just put in this evening for the first time. I'm to see him again next week for a follow up (and I'm not to wear my contacts at all).

Sorry for the lengthy intro. I'm really happy I found a site where other people have issues similar to mine (the internet is great!).

Hi Laura,
    I'm sorry you are having problems with dry eyes and contact lens. One thing I want to tell you--is do not consider refractive surgery because you are unable to wear contacts because of dry eyes. Many of us are here because we had refractive surgery and have dry eyes as a result.
    Lucy
    Don't trust any refractive surgeon with YOUR eyes.

The Dry Eye Queen

Comment

Working...
    X