Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• London calling...

Hi Everybody!

I have just registered with this forum and have only just glanced at some of the posts.

I have one question for now, please. UK members...have you been able to source moisture chambers in UK or Harley Davidson glasses. US members..how easy is it to get a moisture chamber in US? I am planning to visit the US very soon and would really appreciate some pointers towards how and where I can pick them up. Do I need to make an appointment with an optician or can I buy them over the counter at a Drug store?

Thank you everybody.

Best regards

Linda

Hi Linda and welcome!

Originally posted by HARRYPOTTER
    US members..how easy is it to get a moisture chamber in US? I am planning to visit the US very soon and would really appreciate some pointers towards how and where I can pick them up. Do I need to make an appointment with an optician or can I buy them over the counter at a Drug store?
    A brand that is very popular with members here and is widely available is called Panoptx. They are basically a high-end cycling style frame, in various styles, with foam inserts. See Panoptx website for details and a dealer locator. (Look for the Velocity Cv and Fx lines.) They are sold at Harley Davidson dealerships as well as many sports optical shops around the country, and also at many optical shops attached to optometric or ophthalmology practices. I'd suggest you find out the zip code where you'll be staying and contact dealers near there to see what they have that you could try on. If you need a prescription it will have to be special ordered from Panoptx (either through the dealer or directly from Panoptx). They are not carried in drugstores.

There are also some other specially made medical moisture chamber glasses - Some of our newer members have been posting good information about these lately and I need to get our eyewear pages updated with details but if you search the forumon "moisture chamber" you can find details about where to get them from.
    Rebecca Petris
    The Dry Eye Foundation
    dryeyefoundation.org
    800-484-0244

Comment

While I have two pair of Panoptx and I love them, especially the RX one with progressive bifocals, I want to remind members that there are cheaper and more easier available "goggles" which they might try. I have a pair that fit me well and they cost $20 bought over the counter at a bike shop. They have a wide variety of "goggles". This is an inexpensive way to find out if this kind of eyewear will help you.

Perhaps getting your feet wet (rather eyes) by looking at the more inexpensive type can give you a good idea of just how well you will/will not do wearing goggles. It's a thought-while Panoptx are high line--you can tinker around with others for fit and convenience and maybe save some bucks. If you like what you see, find, you can always spring for Panoptx and you'll have a back-up.

Lucy
      Don't trust any refractive surgeon with YOUR eyes.

The Dry Eye Queen

Comment

To add to this... For the moisture chamber discussed in some other threads here (the panel added to regular glasses frames) you may want to contact EagleVision at this link for starters. That particular product has to be fitted by an optician, you cannot simply buy it at a drugstore.
        Rebecca Petris
        The Dry Eye Foundation
        dryeyefoundation.org
        800-484-0244

Comment

Hi Rebecca and Lucy

Thank you for your help. Sorry, have just posted the same query again before spotting your replies......

Your suggestions have given me a lot to work on.

Best regards

Linda

Comment

Working...
          X