serious pain in eyelid and brow bone.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• serious pain in eyelid and brow bone.

Hi folks as some of you know ive got blepharitis and mgd.ive already had a catscan for sinus inflammation which showed up positive..The question im worried sick over is this terrible pain in eye..Is it normal for blepharitis to cause such agony/? im starting to worry its something else with the agony im in..guess what i need to know is when i get the bleph under control will the pain go?when i go to gp she just gives me painkillers..amytryptiline was the last one..has anyone else got this pain with bleph and mgd and if its an eyelid infection how is it causing eyeball pain/? regards..cb..am at end of tether with this and just sit in house crying a lot..

I cannot answer your question about blepharitis, but I can tell you that amitriptyline can make your DES worse. Sinus problems can cause pain in the eye area.
    Every day with DES is like a box of chocolates...You never know what you're going to get.

Comment

Hi Cherrybrandy,

I feel as tho once you get the blepharitis under control the pain will go away. Please try not to cry as this will only exasperate your condition and dry your eyes out more!! One day at a time! Judy

Comment

Thanks judy.

Thanks for reply how long does it normally take for the usual treatments for blepharitis to work? i am sad and frustrated as ive been on doxy 100 mg and ive finished a 9 week course of steroid drops am doing all the treatments eye doc said and am no further forward..can you advise please/? regards cb.

Comment

It could be muscular pain brought on by the stress of dry eye. This is how i got pain in my face, which effected muscles around eyes. This also made my dry eye go away. Does your dry eye feel better with pain?
          I healed my dry eye with nutrition and detoxification. I'm now a Nutritional Therapist at: www.nourishbalanceheal.com Join my dry eye facebook group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/420821978111328/

Comment

hi sazy i23

I didnt realise that the pain in eye can be caused by the stress of dry eye ..I also have major sinus probs and am waiting for an op to correct deviated septum and blockage.I know i have unrelenting eye pain day in and out i also have blepharaspasm caused by secondary corneal inflammatin with mgd and blepharitis..I noticed on a previous post you sent that you thought part of your eye troubles were caused by lexapro. escitalapram in the uk so ive reduced my dosage of it..do you have a sinus problem also i would be interested to hear..regards..cb.

Comment

Hi

I used to think i had sinusitis because i had pain over my sinus areas. But it turned out to be muscular face pain as i didnt have any stuffyness etc and sinus headaches are rarely caused by the sinuses. I sorted most of it out but still have it abit. When i have it abit it makes my eyes feel completely NORMAL. I am on amitripycline (SP?) low dose for pain and and my eyes still feel good so far. I think lexapro made my eyes worse ages ago but im not entirely sure.
              I healed my dry eye with nutrition and detoxification. I'm now a Nutritional Therapist at: www.nourishbalanceheal.com Join my dry eye facebook group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/420821978111328/

Comment

Hi sazy 123

Hi you said you are on amytryptiline low dose for pain i was prescribed that for sinus pain and hemifacial spasm but doesnt it make dry eye worse?im on 10mg sometimes as it makes me sooo tired does that wear off after taking them for a while? take care sazy..cb.

Comment

Hi cherrybrandy,
                  Sounds like you are in a similar state to how I was a few years ago. I didn't even know I had dry eye, all I knew was the pain was so bad I could hardly bear to get through each day. What happened to me was that the first few doctors got it wrong and the treatment was actually making it worse. I now know that several times I have been prescribed medication and been told it will not effect my eyes only to find out later this was not true. I don't know if this could be a factor with you? I know my eyes reacted to even small doses of some drugs. I can't remember which ones I'm afraid, but some were relating to sinus problems.

Somewhere along the way I saw a doctor who seemed a bit better and she said I had bleph - not just that, but it was adding to the problem. I managed to get rid of that by regular cleaning of the lids but I can't really say if that alone reduced the pain because in my case it was the office environment that was the main cause of the pain. But I suspect it helped. Basically once the bleph had gone and the environment was right the pain vertually disappeared. I am absolutely sure that if I can get rid of that pain you will too.

Comment

Hi,

I have pain in my right along the lines as you describe. I can tell you the following:-

The pain is always in my right eye only, i.e. never in my left.

The pain is not the same as the stinging sensation one usually associates with dry eyes. I get the stinging also and in both eyes.

The pain is very similar to sinus pain but not quite in the same place. I've had sinus problems years ago and remember that pain was more towards the middle.

When the eye pain is at it's worst it makes the whole side of my face sore, it actually seems to cause toothache etc. and as well as slightly blurring my vision in that eye.
                    I also can feel a slight grittyness to my right eye when I blink. When the pain is almost zero the blink is much more smooth.

When I'm well rested and away from Tv, PC etc then the pain is almost gone....but for a slight sensation. I've been to the eye docs and they don't really see too much wrong........but IMHO thats because my eye is always well rested by the time I sit in the queue and am seen!

Late night staring at the PC screen agrivates it more often than not and brings the pain on, sometimes real, real sore!

I've been told it's "simply dry eye".

At this point I'm not sure it's simply that...because I've been quad plugged and the eye pain is still there.......although the stinging is very much reduced....why?

For sure my right eye doesn't seem to tear as much as the left one does.

Ian.

Comment

Originally posted by IanJ
                      I've been told it's "simply dry eye".
                      Hmph. I wonder if this doctor tells other patients their problem is "simply chronic iritis" or "simply wet AMD" or "simply a retinal hemorrhage".
                      Rebecca Petris
                      The Dry Eye Foundation
                      dryeyefoundation.org
                      800-484-0244

Comment

Working...
                      X