• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need help with autologous serum drops

Dear Forum members,

I was wondering which members have had success
    with autologous serum drops.

I am a Canadian and I just tried them for two weeks. I have to go the
    US to get them which is very inconvenient.
    The serum drops seem quite excellent to relieve dry eye pain.

I had lasik three years ago, and I can't believe my eyes are still so very dry.

My questions are:
    1. How long do you have to use these drops for.
    ie one or two years?

2. Do the drops eventually get rid of chronic dry eye or is this long term use?

3. Do these drops help regrow our cells and repair nerve damage?

I would appreciate any feedback and experiences.

Thank you.

I use serum drops and have for over two years now. I do also get relief from them. I had suffered post-lasik for years and finally turned the corner when I started using serum morning and night.

I've often asked what makes the serum work. My doctor who prepares them for me didn't have a lot of good answers. There are multiple theories. Since I needed an answer, I asked him if the serum helps relieve inflammation. He said the serum does have some anti-inflammatory properties.

And so, I have decided that must be what serum is doing for me...reducing inflammation. I have no scientific proof of this. I don't have proof that the serum is actually helping me at all. I may have turned the corner without using them.

As it were, I am confident in them enough that I continue to use them and will use them indefinitely. I do not expect to discontinue using them.

I wish you luck in all this. Is there no way to have them made in Canada?

Dianat
    Never play leapfrog with a unicorn.

Comment

Autologous serum drops

Dear Diana,

Thank you for responding to me. I had sent a private email to you earlier.
      Have you tried stopping the drops for one month and does your eye dry up again?

What I am most worried is that I have to go the US all the time to do this.
      I am in the process of asking a doctor in Vancouver B C to help me.
      It is not common here at all.

I have used it for two weeks and I see a large improvement.

What I am wondering is are we chronically dry eye forever?
      How long ago have you had lasik?

I had mine three years ago and that's a long time to be so severly dry.

Thank you Diana for your help.

Comment

Yes, I expect to be chronically dry eyed...meaning, it'll be a struggle the rest of my life. I just don't see where I'll be experiencing improvment beyond my five year anniversary of having the LASIK procedure done. I don't think you can expect serum to regrow lost nerves or even permanently replace corneal cells. Nothing is going to do that.

I'm not all negative. I do still pray for the magic bullet. I just don't think autologous blood serum drops are the magic bullet. Still, I am grateful for the comfort.

In the meantime, I do see the drops as part of my life. My doctor will retire before I'm willing to discontinue using them.

I'm sorry it's such a struggle for you to have your drops made. My doc will make me a supply that lasts me 6 months sometimes. I drive two hours to have it done. I hope you can find an easy way for yourself.

I must argue that the use of these drops is not common in the States either. Perhaps it is just more common here than in Canada. Your healthcare system works so differently there...it doesn't shock me that you are more successful at finding someone here.

Best of luck to you.

D
        Never play leapfrog with a unicorn.

Comment

autogolouse serum drops

Dear Diana,

Thank you so much for replying. In my case in Vancouver, they have
          never heard of such severe dry eye from lasik.
          If you can, I would be most grateful if you can answer these questions.

1. 6 months supply at a time, how many red top tubes of blood do you take?
          I had to take 10 red top tubes for 12 vials of serum that lasts
          12 x 3 days = 36 days.

2. Is yours 100% serum or diluted with saline?

3. How long in the freezer do they last?

4. My doc said use serum within 48 hours but I use within 3 days.

5. Do you use restasis and what other drops are you using?

Thank you for your messages, Diana they are very helpful, because
          I can handle travelling every six months.

Comment

Working...
          X