Crusty eyelids

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crusty eyelids

I have been suffering with dry eyes due to my age and also one eyelid has developed a peak and my eye does not completely close. I have recently started using Dwelle and the nighttime eye goggles. The relief has been amazing. My only problem is that in the morning my eyelids are stuck together like they once were when I had an eye infection. I don't think that's it, because my eyes are fine during the day. I'm thinking about not using the Dwelle tonight and seeing how they are tomorrow.

Hi there and welcome! So glad you're getting some night relief!

Now about those crusties... this is a common question. If there is excess Dwelle on your lashes or lid margins it will "crystallize" there leaving little white flakes or an actual "crust' if there's a lot. This is just because of the high polymer content and how it acts when it's on a dry surface exposed to the air. There's a few ways to deal with it. You can apply just a little, and blot or wipe gently with a wet cloth. You can leave the excess and clean it off in the morning with a damp cloth. Also, I find that if I am getting the Tranquileyes pads quite moist when I put them in, it basically soaks off the excess Dwelle while I'm sleeping. If I have any left in the morning, I use Ocusoft lid scrub foam in the shower to wash it off.

Funnily enough, one of my strategies in the last several months (thanks to another user I was swapping stories with) has been to leave plenty of excess as it sort of helps "glue" my right eye shut to minimize evaporation at night. Then I clean it in the morning.
    Rebecca Petris
    The Dry Eye Foundation
    dryeyefoundation.org
    800-484-0244

Comment

Working...
    X