Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My first day diagnosed. I'm kinda glad? I guess?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My first day diagnosed. I'm kinda glad? I guess?

Hello. I'm happy to have found a resource online for this particular condition. I've always found forums such as this extremely helpful. I look forward to many happy hours of FAQ reading and search strings.

I've apparently always had dry eye, but it never really effected me. I'd see the eye doc, they'd do the test, and then they'd toss off, "Your eyes are dry." And I'd shrug it off - what did that mean, anyways? To me it meant nothing.

Then, a few months ago, I developed a rash on my eyelids, and then I injured my cornea. My eye doc wasn't sure if I got something in my eye, or if I was exposed to a chemical, as my eyes actually got worse instead of better initially. After that, uveitis. But, during the course of all these treatments, my NEW eye doctor started to treat for dry eye.

Oddly enough, I actually feel drier these days. She says it's because my eyes have normalized, I've gotten used to having normal eyes now, and so whenever they dry out, I feel it and am effected harder.

*laugh* It's kinda hard to keep myself from spilling my whole ocular medical history. My whole eye situation changed so fast.

Luckily, I'm a big one for research. I like being prepared.

My eyes have a 3 second evaporation time, which she says is an improvement. I'm taking about 1g of Omega-3 supplements per day, I'm doing hot wet compresses as often as I can, and I bought a set of TranquilEyes. I'm taking preservative free Refresh Plus (prescription).

*ffffffpdeepinhale* Alright. Clearly I'm a talker.

Hello redshirt and welcome! Trust me you ain't seen nothing yet regarding talkers. We have almost all had days where we've babbled on about our history and our troubles and our sadness and our improvements! You are right, this forum does incredible things for all of us. Rebecca has done an absolutely fantastic job and there are many very sensitive, very bright and very wonderful members here...

Comment

dittoing Judy

Welcome! and please keep the talking coming. . .The learning and hope and support are shared in every possible direction here. . .Together, under Rebecca's awesome leadership and ingenuity, we are an immense force for change and healing. . .
      <Doggedly Determined>

Comment

Working...
      X