What after Restasis?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What after Restasis?

I'm glad that I've found this website, as I'm suffering with dry eyes since ages!
    I'm 25 and life seems depressing! I'm on Restasis since 5/2006! My eyes do feel okay, and I get my lower ducts plugged nxt week, the upper ones are cauterized! I know that I can get infections when this is done! Is there a way to avoid it?
    What can I use after Restasis, I know that Restasis is only usable for 3 years minimum! Please give advice! Thanks

Shahara,

I've been on this board a good long while and have never heard anyone say that Restasis can only be used for three years. I think you've been misinformed, but we'll see if anyone else responds to this.

Also, I am cauterized in all four punctae and have had maybe one infection. Two of my children at present have an eye infection currently making me a prime candidate, and I still haven't contracted it. I'm amazed at how well I've done in the last four years like this. I have excess tears always, and blot all the time. I have my hands near my eyes more than anybody I know. But, so far, knock on wood, I've had very little trouble with infection...certainly no more than anybody else.

Do peruse this site for other rituals you can do that will assist in your comfort. Hot compresses is one suggestion as are omega fatty acid supplements. There's a search function at the top of this page where you can learn all you will ever need.

I wish you luck with your progress.

Diana
    Last edited by dianat; 04-Jan-2008, 15:34.
    Never play leapfrog with a unicorn.

Comment

I've been using Restasis for almost two years and plan to do so for the long-term. My doctor told me that it's safe to use Restasis as long as I need to do so. He also said that there are many people who use it long-term. Restasis helps me, and I notice a huge difference when I do not use it.

Comment

I've been on Restasis for about five or six years. I've been able to cut back from two drops to one drop per day, but can't go completely without it.

Comment

Which is the thing you feel Restasis is helping?? Inflammation?

Bye

Comment

For Julie1

I sent you a PM.

Calli

Comment

Working...
            X