Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blind in one eye;dry in both

Hello,
    I hope to find some useful info on this forum. I have recently been diagnosed w/ dry eye. I have no other complaint other than the fact that I literally cannot keep my eyes open from light sensitivity. The big complication is that I am blind already in my left eye (detached retina from lazy eye as kid). So when my right eye is closed and not functioning, I am basically visually impaired. It is very frustrating and depressing, and I feel that my co workers and friends, while sympathetic, really do not get the fact that I am visually impaired. I have just started Restasis and am hoping that it will be the answer. I am on Lotemax for a few more weeks, only some relief,. I am scared that the Restasis will not work. A co worker w/ dry eye but less severe symptoms has said she has not been happy w/ Restasis. If it doesn't work, I feel that I am done for...
    I need some good news about Restasis...got any?
    Vickie

There are plenty of people who have been helped by Restasis! It's worth trying. A common treatment is to "jumpstart" the Restasis with a steroid. You might ask about that. Restasis can take a long time to offer improvement unfortunately.
    Never play leapfrog with a unicorn.

Comment

Hi Vickie, As DianaT says, many people have found help with Restasis. It took me awhile to notice, but it is certainly helping me and I figure I'm on it for life now. As far as looks go (and I am somewhat vain), this morning when I got out of the shower, I noticed my eyes were extra blood shot. As soon as I put my Restasis in, the redness was greatly reduced. So anyway, please hang in there and be patient with the Restasis. Ask God to help you thru this. He has certainly played a huge part in my dry eye recovery!

Comment

Working...
      X