Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• would like to introduce myself

Hello everyone,

I am 20 years old, and have had dry eye since I was 17 and a half, I first found out that I had dry eye was when my vision started changing at the age of 17, so I decided to get contacts, but discovered that my eyes were too dry, could wear them for a couple hours, but were just too dry. so I got glasses, and from their on my eyes began to get very dry, I have been diagnosed to have (Posterior and Anterior Blepharitis, with MGD). It has been a hard trial. I was serving a Mission for the LDS church in Bolivia in south america, I was their for about 1 year, but due to various health problems I was sent home. I have been studying alot about these things, I have learned alot about the scriptures because I was sharing the Gospel for a year. I am hoping to be able to get these problems under control so that I can go back for another year. I dont want to be really preechy to all of you, but I was sharing a message that I think all people should know, if everyone could hear this message, they would understand alot better, why we get Health problems, what is our purpose in this life, is it just suffering.... if anyone has any questions for me, I would glad to answer them.... I am glad to have found this forum!

No I dont believe that people suffer for any other reason than useless Drs.
    Last edited by Rory; 19-Jan-2008, 04:20.

Comment

Read:

Yeah, but some of our dry eye cases aren't our fault. Sure their are tons of useless doctors, every doctor I have visited has said the same thing, hot compresses, and Doxycyline. Their is no cure, and they dont know exactly why we have dry eye. but as far as I remember, I have always eaten a well balanced diet, exercise, etc. And I am sure that somethings are just going to happen, despite what we do to prevent it. I am sure that is the same for a lot of people on this forum, they didnt ask for dry eye, and maybe most of them have always taken care of their health. I think that their is more to this than just useless doctors....

Comment

You are very young to have such severe blepharitis. Sorry to hear that. Have you had improvement with the doxy and/or compresses? What about lid cleansing? Perhaps you need more advanced diagnosis to get at the real cause of the problem?
        Rebecca Petris
        The Dry Eye Foundation
        dryeyefoundation.org
        800-484-0244

Comment

Working...
        X