Sjogren's, DryEye and Omega3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sjogren's, DryEye and Omega3

I am taking Omega3 for dry eye resulting from Sjogren's Syndrome. Because of dryness in my digestive track, I can not swallow the softgels comfortably
    I do not care for the taste of flaxseeds. Am interested in the new Flaxseed oil and how it compares both in cost and taste to Coromega. Also am intersted in products others have used successfully.

I didn't like Cormega. It has an overly fake-sweet taste from the Stevia sweetener. You can use the Barleans oil straight from the spoon or mixed into food instead of using the capsules. Check out the "Dry Eye Shop" because Rebecca mentioned that she will be carrying the oils shortly, if she isn't already. She mentioned that there is a cinnamon flavored one that is delicious and I'm pretty sure there is a lemon flavored one, too. I use the regular one and just mix it into salads instead of olive oil. You can check out the Barleans site, too (http://www.barleans.com ) they have all the info there.

Comment

It's hard to taste-shop without spending a lot of money but one clue: The fresher the better! If you see oils on the shelves of your local store that have a long shelf life forget it. Barleans dates theirs all for only 4 months, and they ship them by air. You can put them in the freezer to keep them fresher.

Barleans give samples to some of their vendors, who set them out in their stores for people to try out. I'm going to have those in the shop too so people can try it out before committing. I don't have a lot of experience with this but I'm wondering if some of the other producers also provide samples?

You can get Barleans lignan flax oil in most healthfood stores and in grocery stores with a good supplements section. I'll be carrying 12 oz bottles of regular, lignan, cinnamon and lemonade for starters. To get a wider selection of types & sizes you'd have to go to barleans.com as NYer suggeested.
      Rebecca Petris
      The Dry Eye Foundation
      dryeyefoundation.org
      800-484-0244

Comment

Working...
      X