Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Frustrated MGD Patient

Hi,

I am 46 and was diagnosed with MGD about a year ago. I'm seeing an MD at the Wilmer Eye Clinic at Johns Hopkins. I'm doing the recommended regimen (warm compresses, eyelid massage, Doxycycline, antibiotic ointment at night, tear drops). Just when I think I'm getting better, I seem to go backwards. I seem to really suffer when I'm in the office or in a store. I've become very self-conscious of having red eyes. Artificial tears help some, but it seems after i use one for a few days, my eyes feel worse. I've tried just about all of them (Systane, Optive, Refresh, etc.).

I'm hoping I can maybe get some new ideas to help.

Thanks.

Hi there, and welcome. I'm quite new to the site as well, but can surely relate to your problems, as all the treatments I've tried (which are the same as yours) seem to make me worse, except the compresses and lid massage.

All eye drops - even preservative free - irritate after a few days.

After reading on here, I've now ordered a pair of tranquileyes goggles for sleeping in, as many people seem to benefit from preserving the moisture in their eyes at night. I've also ordered some protective goggle glasses (Wesco) to wear over my prescription glasses at night.

I think tear evaporation is a definite hindrance in our eye comfort, and am hopeful that these two things will improve my condition.

Best of luck, and see you around!

Comment

Originally posted by jpnwdc View Post
      I seem to really suffer when I'm in the office or in a store.
      This is one of the most frequently reported problems in our little community here. For office... check out the Workplace archive for tips users have posted about use of humidifiers, eyewear, closing or redirecting vents, computer breaks / blink reminders, and so on. For stores... like the dreaded Walmart wraparound eyewear is the only help I know of.
      Rebecca Petris
      The Dry Eye Foundation
      dryeyefoundation.org
      800-484-0244

Comment

Working...
      X