Eye doc new to the site

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eye doc new to the site

Wow i was just about "tar and feathered" on this site yesterday! LOL! One of my patients told me about the site after she had posted and then I checked it out. I think the site is a great service for everyone especially the dry eye patient. I am heavy into clinical research regarding nutrtion and the eyes. I am the chairman of a nutraceuticle company heavy in the eyecare resaerch field and also a practicing optometric physician in florida. I am sorry if I came across as a sales pitch, I was just conveying to the readers a newer supplement on the market for dry eyes that is helping patients. I do have a lot of experience in this area and can certainly shed some of it in the site. I am only here to try to help someone get some relief like the rest of you. I did read one thread on Krill oil and dry eyes BE VERY CAREFUL IF YOU HAVE A SHELLFISH ALLERGY. If I dont get blasted again I will be back.

It takes a good sense of humor to deal with unruly, unhappy, dry eyed people. Many of us got this way thanks to refractive surgery. Just saying hello. Lucy
    Don't trust any refractive surgeon with YOUR eyes.

The Dry Eye Queen

Comment

Yes i do have a sense of humor

Hey Lucy, i will get the hang of this, however i cant reply back to certain posts? How long ago did you have refrative surgery? Lask or PRK?

Comment

Dr. Lange,

Welcome. I'm the site administrator, among other things. Would appreciate it if you would please check in with me. (Did you receive my email yesterday?)

We appreciate any doctor - well, anybody period - who wants to be helpful to dry eye patients, but like most moderated healthcare forums, we have rules and guidelines for the forums, which I tend to be quite protective of. At present other than the Dr Q&A forums, all the community forums are structured as forums for patients or people seeking information on behalf of patients.

Thanks. Phone is 877-693-7939 x2, 9am to 5pm Pacific.
        Rebecca Petris
        The Dry Eye Foundation
        dryeyefoundation.org
        800-484-0244

Comment

LASIK. 8 years ago. I don't know the answer about why you can't post in some areas. Wait until Rebecca or staff can check it out. Lucy
          Don't trust any refractive surgeon with YOUR eyes.

The Dry Eye Queen

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Lange OD View Post
            One of my patients told me about the site after she had posted and then I checked it out..
            Ah - now I see. Afraid I wasn't terribly hospitable to your patient. We get some drive-by advertising of sorts now and then and with enough of that it leaves one suspicious of product recommendations unless they're coming from someone that's been around a little while, long enough that we have some sense of their dry eye situation anyway. Hope they weren't frightened away when I pounced.
            Rebecca Petris
            The Dry Eye Foundation
            dryeyefoundation.org
            800-484-0244

Comment

am sure everyone is fine, so i guess i should be in the doctor question and answer section? I will try to find my way there, sorry again for any confusion, would it be ok if I let my listeners on my talk shows know about the site?

Comment

I just sent you a PM.

Re radio show - that would be really great, thank you for thinking of it. Do you do sessions on dry eye sometimes? That kind of thing is so badly needed. Folks as badly off as many on this board are usually end up online eventually, trying to get help, but there are also so many who are just "at risk" or who are beginning to experience symptoms... and there are so many consumer hazards waiting out there to make them worse before they even get to a doctor, like all those BAK-laced vasoconstrictors. I think the eyedrop shelves of the drugstores these days are absolutely bewildering to the general public.

Speaking of red eyes, I'm clocking off for the night.
                Rebecca Petris
                The Dry Eye Foundation
                dryeyefoundation.org
                800-484-0244

Comment

welcome to the site

Welcome to the site!

I'm a newbie, and also have been occasionally timid about posting. When communicating on the Internet, I sometimes feel like Forrest Gump and the chocolates, "You never know what you're going to get!"

I'm glad that you may stick around, and hope it works out. I'd love to know more about your experience in treating dry eye patients, and would be happy to read anything that you had to say.

I hope that you are able to help a lot of folks here. Thanks!

Comment

Welcome

Welcome to the site Dr. Lange, looking forward to any advice or help you can offer. Also willing to be a test patient if thats needed or allowed.

Jeff

Comment

Working...
                    X