Hi all

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi all

Hi terri, I am new to this site and have been suffering from dry eye for a year now. I have a question for any dry eye veteran about tranquile eyes:

1) Is it okay to wash the pads in regular water (only soak them in distilled water correct).

2) Also I have tried pretty much any over the counter eye drop. Does dwelle and dakrina work? What about the preservatives in them? It seems that there is a general consensus that preservative free drops are better. But nobody complains about the fact that dwelle and dakrina are NOT preservative free....are they really that good....I want to order some

thank you for your help
    kp

Hi Kevin...

I'm new here too. You (and your dry eyes) have definitely come to the right place -- there's lots of great information and supportive people here.

I've never used the goggles, so can't respond to that, but I do have Dakrina and Dwelle. I find them very helpful. What's nice about them, IMO, is that they keep my eyes feeling moist for several hours -- I don't have to keep putting in drops as frequently when I use Dwelle or Dakrina. It's almost like these drops make my eye surface smoother and more comfortable. The preservatives in them don't bother my eyes. I get a slight initial sting, but that goes away in seconds and then I'm fine.

This is just my own experience, of course; YMMV.

Comment

Hi Kevin & welcome!

Originally posted by Kevin View Post
      1) Is it okay to wash the pads in regular water (only soak them in distilled water correct).
      Yup, sure is.

2) Also I have tried pretty much any over the counter eye drop. Does dwelle and dakrina work?
      Well, if you look around in these forums you'll find such a huge range of experiences - and with every product on the market - that you'll conclude there's no such thing as "It works" or "It doesn't work" in the world of dry eye. There are so many variables. Dry eye comes in many shapes and forms and levels of severity. Absolutely every drop on the market has its fans. Dwelle and Dakrina have worked very well for some of us, but by no means all of us.

What about the preservatives in them? It seems that there is a general consensus that preservative free drops are better...But nobody complains about the fact that dwelle and dakrina are NOT preservative free.
      Regarding the preservative: It's extremely mild, and typically users of these drops need them less frequently than other drops. That's the basis upon which many of us are comfortable with using them. I wish we could afford to make them in a preservative free version, but hopefully that day will come too.
      Rebecca Petris
      The Dry Eye Foundation
      dryeyefoundation.org
      800-484-0244

Comment

thank you both for your help! I have placed an order,

Comment

Working...
        X