Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hi Everyone----One dry eye----is it possible?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi Everyone----One dry eye----is it possible?

Hi everyone, I have not been diagnosed with dry eye---but I suspect this might be it. I'm very frustrated with my pain. Basically in Nov 2006 I started getting contact lens discomfort---strictly on the right eye. I basically would have to take my contacts out, re-wet and put them back in to gain any relief. Over the past year my condition has gotten progressively worse, I noticed my right eye feels dry, then strained (I work on computer all day) and I would get a heavy feeling on my right brow, a warm burning sensation on my right cheek, a deep eye pain (just the right eye)--that would come and go, but overall I have a dull pain all the time. I now can't tolerate my contacts at (just the right----left feels fine). I have been to an optometrist, 2 optamologists and no one has really offered any eye-related solutions---I was referred to a neurologist. I really think my problem stems from my eye---b/c that is were the pain starts, but then expands. After much complaining my current opthamologist suspects dry eye. Could this be? One dry eye? I should also mention I have an astigmatism on this eye and this is also my lazy eye. I'm in pain every day.

I started using Allergan Refresh Liquigel---but I think it's actually making my eye feel dryer after it wears off----anyone else have this problem?

I need all the advice you are willing to give. Thanks!

Yes, it is possible to have one dry eye. I do.

My first piece of advice is to order a copy of Dr. Latkany's book, "The Dry Eye Remedy." It's an owner's manual for people with dry eyes. It will arm you with the information you need to address this situation.

You should try to find a doctor who is willing to help you determine the cause of your condition. If you let folks know what area of which country you live in, they might be able to recommend some doctors who can assist. I think I speak for most of us when I say doctors who understand dry eye and how to treat it are rare and very valuable once you find one.

Now about drops: I tried almost all the drugstore eye drops, both preserved and preservative-free, over a four-year period. None of them seemed to last very long, and the ones with preservatives actually made my dry eye worse. Dwelle, which you can buy in the Dry Eye Store, is much different and lasts a long time. Plus, it can actually repair damage on the surface of your eye.

You should also consider eye protection, like moisture chamber glasses. There are a number of threads on the site about moisture chambers. These glasses will minimize your need for eye drops.

Good luck!

Comment

Working...
    X