Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cookie

hey~~
    i have chronic dry eye due to blepheritis. i have had it 4yrs now. i am fine one day for months on end, then it starts, the grittiness, then corners and inner lid gets red, the swollen. awful. i am on azersite , wonderful. would pay double for it. this is my 2nd time on it. so all of you on it, you have to use it when a flare up occurs, i keep it in fridge, made sure dr. knows i am not to be without a refill. he was very easy, knowing all the trouble i have had . i do drops, thera tears gel, very good, i also do the scrubs 2x a day. i sleep with cool humidifier in my room , helps some. the first dr. i saw, told me just stop wearing eye makeup, it's that simple. i was shocked. that is not treatment that was his personal opinion the women should not wear it. well, i am now about to see a third dr. at emory unv in atlanta, just to explore any new options. anyone with stories, pleaee post, how many of you wear makeup on daily basis? i want to hear how you deal with dry eye and how it affects your daily routine

Hi Cookie,
    I too love azasite. I just discovered it. Heavenly! I also went to Emory for a couple of years, saw everyone there at one time or another.
    I thought that if I went to the best, I should get the best care. Right?
    I love Emory and drive over an hour to my primary care and obgyn.

Unfortunately my experience was the "best" were to busy saving the worlds eyesight, and I was just a 10 minute no brain-er lid hygiene lecture.
    They didn't seem so concerned.
    I finally gave up, and found a not so important Dr who gave me time and the azasite. A drug no one ever suggested at Emory.
    It was just a pat on the head and do your compresses, Bye now. Oh yea, also don't wear make-up either.
    Maybe you will have a better experience than I did.

I love Bare Minerals makeup. It is the only thing my eyes can tolerate.
    Last edited by skygoddess; 27-Feb-2008, 12:09. Reason: forgot something

Comment

hi skygoddess

hi, what dr, @ emory? well, i do wear makeup. i have to stop for days when i have a flare up. do you have it in one eye? what is your daily eye routine?

Comment

Cookie,
        I don't want to mention names. I mean they are all really good Dr's. Just perhaps too good for my problem. They are all busy with surgeries and patients whose sight is in real danger of being lost. I needed a Dr with more time for hand holding than they were able to provide. I saw literally all of them though, at one time or another. I think the interns were most concerned, but they just take notes and do the initial exams. My current Dr studied at Emory, but he is not doing Lasik. Lets face it, they can earn thousands of $$ in the same time span doing lasik, as my $100 chair visit, hmmm, wonder which they prefer??

Comment

hi skygoddess

i am in lagrange, where are you? i have a dr. in columbus, he is good but thinks he has come to a dead end. i do want a second opinion, maybe i should see the other dr. in columbus they all say is progressive.

Comment

Hi,
            I am Northwest of Atlanta, Douglasville area. I am just thrilled that I have finally found something that actually helps. ( Azasite )
            Before, I always had constant pain. I only wish some Dr. would have suggested it two years ago . If yours did, he was a sight better than all the ones I saw at Emory.
            The only drawback with the Azasite, is that I am prescribed 4 drops per eye, per day, for two weeks. Each bottle only has around 20 drops.
            My problem is, insurance only pays for one bottle, per thirty days.
            But I don't care what it cost. I will pay for anything that works.

I understand a new version , Azasite Plus, will be for blepharitis. It is not out on the market yet. Azasite is actually for pink eye, and the dosage is only 9 drops total.
            That is why the bottles have so little in them. I hope when the new version comes out, it will have a larger size, since the treatment time for blepharitis is longer

Do you wear artificial nails? I sometimes wonder if I am allergic to mine.
            I know I am to nail polish.

Comment

hello

hi skygoddess~~
              i am still on azersite, my dr. said it was mainly for clymidia, i did not have that, we know, but it is so powerful he put me on it. i do 2 drops per day. this time, no help, still swollen and red, on 2nd bottle. my ins. does not pay for it. my n/d/n said she had bleph and her dr. put her on allegra and she has never had it again. said she had allergans in her eyes. i take claritin, so-so. i am so sad to have this again. i hate not wearing makeup, makes me fell yucky. i am used to being glam-ed up all day. the bare minerals, was ok , sent mine back. i want more coverage on face than it offers. well~~ maybe once pollen fades, our eyes will clear !! let's hope.
              later ~~ cookie

Comment

Are you on Doxy?
                Instead of all the hot compresses , I have been using ice, seems to stop the burning.
                Maybe you need a higher dose of the Azasite. I probably used more than 4 drops per day. But I am almost at the end of my 2 weeks, and I feel almost normal again. I know when I used less than 4 drops I felt it returning.

Good Luck,

Comment

azersite

the dr's nurse says ice packs too, i switched over last week. the hot stung my lids. now i put ice in rag, run under cold water, ring out and use 5 mins. helps soooo much. well~~ i am going for the plugs, do you have them? i am gonna try them, see how it helps. what is droxy drops? see, it's in one eye, so plugs might help. then, if not, i might need the tear duct surgery. we'll see. i will do 4 drops til i go get plugs, they want eyes clear before i get them.

cookie

Comment

I am not sure about the drops, but I had bad luck with the plugs. I had smart plugs put in, and my eyes got worse. Worse yet, they are not entirely sure where they went. But that is another story.

Comment

skygoddess

they went down your cheeks. they have to do surgery to remove them.

Comment

Working...
                      X