eye make up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• eye make up

Hi, I am new to the forum but have been getting the newletter and reading other threads. I wonder if any of you ladies has tried a mascara that does not irritate your eyes. I have had dry eye for about 4 years. I do not know the cause. I am 63, so I think it must be age related. I do not wear contacts and I have not had Lasik surgery. I know it is vain to be concerned with appearance when your eyes are irritated. On some occasions I would like to look good. Any suggestions?
    Last edited by clilyquist; 27-Feb-2008, 13:31. Reason: spelling
    Lilypad

Ciliquist
    Welcome and don't feel silly. I think every women on this board has voiced the same issue at least once. If you look under the personal appearance section , at the bottom of the main page, you'll find many a discussion on the topic. I personally like Blinc, but Avon washable water proof is more in line with my budget. I find I have to throw out mascara very often, I think it gets contaminated with bacteria, and makes my eyes worse. I also try to sanitize my applicators and brushes frequently.

Comment

Hello! I don't usually wear eye makeup on the days that I wear my glasses (my lenses are so thick, they make my eyes practically disappear, so makeup seems pointless). However, when I wear my contacts, I do put on some makeup. My favorite mascara is Max Factor Lash Perfection. Clinique Naturally Glossy is another one I like. Hope you find something that works for you.

Comment

Mirror, mirror on the wall . . .

The only make-up I can wear is Jane Iredale. It is really expensive (in my opinion) but it is made for people with extremely sensitive skin (including rosacea). The eye make-up doesn't bother me (I have blepharitis). It is the only thing I can wear.

Don't feel silly. The only reason I discovered dry eye is because I went to my doctor because my eyes were red. And, I keep trying to get back into contacts purely out of vanity.

Comment

Working...
        X