Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rich S. Uk Dry eyes over 40yrs . Saying hi!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SallyP View Post
    I think treatment in the UK is unbelievably bad. I've been going to the consultant for about 18 months now, and to be honest am no further forward. I've rather pathetically been in tears in his office on more than one occasion, but find them rather patronising. I don't blame you for feeling depressed. Luckily (at the moment), my eyes only get bad in the evening, predictably and almost to the minute, at about 7pm?? My biggest fear is that this will get earlier and earlier, because if I felt like I do at that time during the day, I certainly wouldn't be able to drive or work, or just function properly on a daily basis. Fingers crossed this doesn't happen. Like you, I'm still finding my way around the site, and am finding all sorts of interesting things out. I also considered going private, but will just get the same diagnosis, but with a more comfortable chair no doubt.
    Hi Sally ,Another forum member from Cambs, well done, well not really im dead sure youd rather not be on here if you know what i mean.

Sally see my post in Europe forum about Clinitas 3 ( made in Cambridge funny enough) Hmm anyway i dunno goin to stick with it but!!

Thanks

Rich.

Comment

Hi

I'm typing this with one eye closed at the moment, as my right eye is itching so badly, closing it is the only option. I saw your comments on the drops. I've tried alot, and apart from Celluvisc, which I'm using at the moment,and have to say they don't really work very well,and in fact some have made it wors. One in particular, eyelube, it was hysterical, I thought at one point I'd put super glue in instead, horrible, God it's bloody horrendous. One eye is blurred and the other is closed at the moment I look absolutely stunning!!! I feel for you actually, because at least mine's only in the evenings. I'm eating lots of red grapes as that's supposed to be good for this condition, but all it's achieved so far is really bad tummy ache!!! Oh well, roll on sleep!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Zarla View Post
        hi Rich - good to see someone else from the Uk on the site. Have you tried the antibiotic ointment Cyclosporine? I thought it was prescription only but it's actually available now in Boots near the contact lenses solutions for £5 a bottle. It's the same as Restasis, which a lot of people on this site have found useful.
        Really this is interesting. What % is it. restasis is 0.05% i think.

You can also order restasis without a percription from www.edrugnet.com

Btw celluvisc are the best for relief, but can blur abit but its not too bad its lasts longer than anything else. Then clinitas is second best and more practical but less relief than celluvisc as thiner. Drops dont help me much at all
        I healed my dry eye with nutrition and detoxification. I'm now a Nutritional Therapist at: www.nourishbalanceheal.com Join my dry eye facebook group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/420821978111328/

Comment

Surely Boots aren't selling it - I've never seen it anyway

Comment

Hi Zarla

Are you sure you read the label correctly?

Restasis is not an antibiotic, it is an anti-inflammatory and as yet, it is not licensed for use in the UK. Boots Chemists managed to source some for me (on a private prescription) but it was going to cost around £970 for a months supply. I didn't go ahead with it.

The consultant then went to `plan B' - Cyclosporine ointment. Apparently this can be successful in prolonging the survival of corneal grafts - but the stuff they use in hospital is the same type that vets use for animals.

Sure enough - the instructions on the product referred to dog/cat. It cost a modest £12 but it didn't work because I was sensitive to the petroleum base. It was worth a try - and I suppose if I wanted more I could ask the vet.

Comment

Maybe there is some mix up with the over the counter antibiotic chloramphenicol? which is an ointment.
              I healed my dry eye with nutrition and detoxification. I'm now a Nutritional Therapist at: www.nourishbalanceheal.com Join my dry eye facebook group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/420821978111328/

Comment

Working...
              X