Hi there

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi there

Well............I'm not really new here, but I haven't been active since a while, so I felt the need to introduce myself again!

Well..............I'm originally from Sri lanka but living in Munich since 1995! It all started in 1998, I was 16 went to school, did silly things that teenagers would do like wearing coloured contacts for fun (It was kind of a fashion those days at school)!
    Anyway I remember, having a slight eyeinfection, nothing serious, so I went to the eyedoc. who said that I have really dry eyes, though I never had any symptoms those days, so I didn't even think about it after that! Then in 1999 I was in Sri lanka for holidays, and remember going to a hairdresser to get my hair curled, they put this really strong chemical stuff, to get the hair curled, unfortunately it went to my eye and burned like hell....but after washing my eyes it was okay! So....time passed my and I did wear coloured contacts (my vision is totally normal), at some days, or wore them when I went clubbing!

So over the years, I also got a slight hay fever, which caused eyeinfections as well....I never went to the eyedoc. just took some drops or creams to cure it from the pharmacy! In 2002 I wasn't able to sleep without eyedrops/gels at night! but on the daytime I was fine! 2004 my condition was worsening they were constantly dry, red and you know the typical dryeye symptoms! 2005 I was a wrack, couldn't hardly go out, my eyes looked really bad, went to different ophths, but no one took it really seriously, I just tried all kinds of stuff, but none helped, in jan/2006 I got my upper tear ducts closed, I had the lower ones plugged constantly, but they fell all the time! may/2006 I began with Restasis, it became better, at least the cornea got better! Now, I'm slowly cutting restasis as I'm scared to take it for a very long time, plus it's way too expensive! I was also thinking If I'd have sjogrensen perhaps, but these ss-A,etc. factors were negative, but I do have very dry skin , and a slight dry mouth, now I'm wondering if I would have sjogrensen, although my mouth isn't really dry! Just wondering if all these could've just caused the dry eye! I don't know!

So, that's my story, and I guess it's a never ending one for all of us! Wish you all the best!

Take care
    Last edited by Shahara; 16-Mar-2008, 11:22. Reason: changing the title

Hi, Shahara.

I'm so sorry to hear all that you have been through at such a young age. How are you getting off of Restasis? Is it reducing to one drop each day?

Dr. Holly mentioned in one of his posts that some studies on Restasis were problematical, because the castor oil, which is the vehicle that delivers cyclosporine to its destination, also produces an irritation that is similar to the Restasis product. So, if you are going to go off of Restasis but a little reticent about it, you might want to try Refresh Endura to replace your Restasis drops.

That's just a thought. Let us know how things go!

--Liz

Comment

HI Liz

thanks for your reply! I did use refresh endura a while ago, but without much help!

I will try Dwelle though! Thanks again

-Sala

Comment

sjogren's

Hi , Sala ;

I just wanted you to know that Sjogren's can be present with negative bloodwork- I am one of those people, only MUCH older than you ; I hope you don't have it , but I think a lip biopsy is more indicative of the condition .. Whatever the reason, I sure hope you find some relief for your eyes !! Mine make no tears , and it is really not fun at all dealing with it , as you know .. especially at such a young age- you are beautiful ! take care and keep on trying ! Nancy

Comment

Hi, Sala.

Dwelle is great for the cornea. It may have helped when you needed something extra a night, but I am glad to hear that your cornea is healed and better.

I don't know about Sjogren's, and I hope that you will see a doctor to be checked thoroughly and take Nancy's advice about the different tests. It's good to be sure.

Have you thought about running a question by Dr. Latkany about your history of eye infections. That is just a thought. He might be able to address long-term effects of those infections, if there are any and what kinds of cases he has seen that share such a history.

Let us know how it goes.

Best wishes,
          Liz

Comment

Working...
          X