No announcement yet.

Here's looking at you - not staring....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Here's looking at you - not staring....

I am male/59, and have serious DES about since last summer. First signs date back 2 - 3 years (watching TV quickly tired the eyes, impression to need new glasses twice a year). Cause - I believe : aging and too much staring (computer, TV, books, etc), often under stress.
    So far I follow Dr. Latkany's recommendations on life style (not possible all the time as far as stress is concerned) and nutrition and I started practicing the home eye spa. I use artificial tears 5 - 10 times a day and recently bought myself goggles, one each from Panoptx and Wiley-X. All this gives some relief but conditions are still far from perfect. I now expect to get punctal plugs next.
    No systemic disease has been diagnosed. Nevertheless I experience dry skin and dry mouth in addition to DES if under stress for more than a day or so. This indicates to me, that the disorder causing DES is not limited to the eye surface. I have read about similar symptons in a comment from another member of this Community.
    By joining, I hope I can contribute to clarifying the causes of DES and also I wonder, how I could help those people who are under risk but not affected yet to change their lifestyle, while there is still time.
Working...
X