Hello

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello

Have been reading and reading till my eyes can't take anymore.
    Thank you for this site!
    I had no idea so many people had this problem, I really thought I was alone.
    I don't know what caused my DES I have gone over and over things, I did get hair color in my eyes years ago, have used alaph hydroxy face creams, retin A, and Aldra cream for skin cancer spots, wear eye make-up, I some how blame myself, thinking I must have done something wrong. I have 4 sisters and they fine! I am hoping the worst is over, I only wake up about 3 times a night now and the pain is not as bad as it once was.
    Look forward to getting new info. thanks and good luck to all of you.
    Jumpy

Welcome

Hi, Jumpy.

I'd be jumpy too, and have been, about the condition of my eyes. Can you describe your symptoms further? You mentioned in another thread that your eyes stick in the morning. Do you ever awaken to tearing and burning eyes? How are your eyes during the day?

There are lots of great tips and solid advice here, so keep reading, and post any questions you have.

Best wishes,
    Liz

Comment

symptoms

Hi Liz56, Thanks for responding, I have not had the chance to be here as often as I would have liked. My symptoms have been dry, red, irritated, burning eyes that at the worst I can not open them as they are 'sealed' shut in the morning, after a night of pain and gels and drops. I have to massage gently or hold my hands over them till the pain subsides and I can get them opened a bit. One Doc told me they were starting to scar from this!!! He offered no explaination, AND this was the third Doc I went to, which is why I thought I was the only one in the world with this horrible, weird thing happening to me. Doc 2 and 3 treated me for Gloucoma, which is on going and I thought all this time was in some way the problem till I mentioned to Doc 3 that I had not be able to find anyone with pain in connection with Gloucoma...he then told me it was a different problem!!! THAT is what sent me on a search and I found all you out there!!! I now am seeing a new Doc. in May for the Gloucoma and starting all over again, I have put off surgery because it didn't seemn to me they knew what was wrong. I am hoping for the best at this point. Later Jumpy

Comment

Hi, Jumpy.

You may want to print up the ingredient list for Dwelle eye drops and show it to your doctor, the one who told you about corneal scarring. Ask him if it is okay for you to use these drops with your glaucoma medication. I have the morning sticking and was getting scarring, too. It is under control now that I use Dwelle. I use it between five and eight times each day, most certainly about a half an hour before bed. Then I use Genteal Gel to get me through the night. My eyes still stick some times, but things are getting better!

You may want to run a search for "rce's" or "recurrent corneal erosions" on this discussion board for more information.

Good luck,
        Liz

Comment

Originally posted by Jumpy View Post
          My symptoms have been dry, red, irritated, burning eyes that at the worst I can not open them as they are 'sealed' shut in the morning, after a night of pain and gels and drops. I have to massage gently or hold my hands over them till the pain subsides and I can get them opened a bit.
          Jumpy: I'd like to suggest that, in addition to using Dwelle before bed, you try taping your eyes shut. 3M makes a surgical tape called Nexcare Flexible Clear Tape that you can buy in a drugstore. It's also available in the Dry Eye Shop under its hospital name, Transpore.

Dr. Latkany says that eyes that are worse in the morning are almost always an indication of lagophthalmos. If you find your eyes feel better in the morning after a few nights of taping them shut, you probably have lagophthalmos and will need to ensure they stay closed at night, either by continuing to use tape or by using Tranquileyes.
          Last edited by Terri; 13-Apr-2008, 07:41. Reason: Typo

Comment

Working...
          X