accutane induced dry eyes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• accutane induced dry eyes

I am a new member to this site. I have been experiencing dry eyes for the past 6 months.

I was on Accutane for 5 months and stopped due to dry eyes. My dry eye symptoms have persisted after stopping the medication. It has been 6 months that I have been dealing with this situation with little relief and am very depressed. My symptoms include dry, red, sore, tired, irritated eyes. They burn and I have to constantly blink. I am currently doing warm compresses, take flax-seed omega-3 oils, and am using non-preservative eye drops during the day and Genteal gel at night and have a humidifier at work.

I have adjusted my computer level and dimmed the screen and try to consciously blink more often when using the computer or watching TV or reading.

Some days are okay but the bad days outweigh the good days greatly. I find myself crying all the time.

Any information on Accutane induced dry eyes and treatment to get my meibomian glands to function would greatly be appreciated. Is this permanent or do I just have to wait for it to get progressively and slowly better...are we talking years here? Are there others out there that had Accutane induced MGD which led to dry eyes that has resolved??

Looking forward to your comments and suggestions,
    Mary

Mary, there is information on this forum pertaining to Accutane caused dry eyes. If you use the "search" feature which is at the blue bar across the top, you'll be able to pull up this information. Lucy
    Don't trust any refractive surgeon with YOUR eyes.

The Dry Eye Queen

Comment

Working...
    X